iPhone 7 Louder Ringer in the iPhone 7??

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
We've heard that getting stereo speakers on the iPhone 7 is accompanied by the sound being louder than in the 6 or 6s. Is that also true of the ring tone when someone calls the phone? The lack of a good loud ringer has been a pet peeve of mine since my first iPhone 3g. I've searched around and cannot find a definitive answer to that question. I am still sitting on the fence as to whether I'll abandon my 6 in favor of the 7 but that might push me over the edge.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
We've heard that getting stereo speakers on the iPhone 7 is accompanied by the sound being louder than in the 6 or 6s. Is that also true of the ring tone when someone calls the phone? The lack of a good loud ringer has been a pet peeve of mine since my first iPhone 3g. I've searched around and cannot find a definitive answer to that question. I am still sitting on the fence as to whether I'll abandon my 6 in favor of the 7 but that might push me over the edge.
I was pretty sure you were going to say you had a 6 rather than a 6s. The ringer on the 6s is louder than the 6. The sucker scares me all the time. I'm sure the 7 will be even louder.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I hope you're right. The ringer volume of my iPhone 6 is woefully inadequate in any environment that is even the least bit noisy.

aknightstale41

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I'm somewhat dissapointed with the speakers, they're definitely not twice as loud...just a small bump up in sound performance...wasn't expecting a Bose sound, but at least more volume.

aknightstale41

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I'm definitely getting more volume. Love the speakers; they're good for their size.
Hey good to see your still here Naps.... yeah, maybe I'm just nitpicking..it really is a very nice iteration...and i like how its water resistant, although not sure how they keep the water out of the the speaker holes...but I'm not going to test that out...hopefully.

Last edited:
Reactions: Napoleon PhoneApart

aknightstale41

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Reactions: Hondamaker

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Reactions: Hondamaker

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Reactions: liberated

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
The iPhone 7's ringer is somewhat louder than that of the 6 but still might not be heard in noisy setting such as a factory or a construction site. A very loud phone would have been my old Motorola Q. When that phone would ring it could wake the dead it was so loud.