MacBook Pro MacBook Pro 13'' Cleaning Question

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
Guys & Ladies,

What would you recommend for me to buy to clean the screen the keyboard and the body? I was thinking iKlear? What about those keyboard protectors you can find on Apple's store.

iPhoneuser666

Silver
Jun 13, 2010
How do you like it?
I have used iKlear, works pretty well but there's a new guy on the block that seems to out-perform iKlear to my surprise. I started using this Monster iClean stuff and it seems to take your iOS screen back to the shine it had when you first bought it. They show you on the package images from under a microscope of how well fingerprints are removed. Not only that, but it kills germs and replenishes the Oleophobic coating each time you use it.

iPhoneuser666

Silver
Jun 13, 2010
I have used iKlear, works pretty well but there's a new guy on the block that seems to out-perform iKlear to my surprise. I started using this Monster iClean stuff and it seems to take your iOS screen back to the shine it had when you first bought it. They show you on the package images from under a microscope of how well fingerprints are removed. Not only that, but it kills germs and replenishes the Oleophobic coating each time you use it.
Ah crud. Should've read the title, lol! This is MacBook, not iOS. My mistake.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i'm not usually a big fan of Monster products, but i use this to clean various electronics at my job:

http://www.monstercable.com/screenclean/monster_screenclean.asp

I haven't tried their iClean, but this is a great all-around electronics cleaner. You can use it on just about anything, and it does a great job. I know they say they have a "specific formula" for different types of electronics, but I think that's just Monster being Monster. They do that with all their cables too (audio, video, Power, etc). One of the reasons I don't care for the company.

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
i'm not usually a big fan of Monster products, but i use this to clean various electronics at my job:

http://www.monstercable.com/screenclean/monster_screenclean.asp

I haven't tried their iClean, but this is a great all-around electronics cleaner. You can use it on just about anything, and it does a great job. I know they say they have a "specific formula" for different types of electronics, but I think that's just Monster being Monster. They do that with all their cables too (audio, video, Power, etc). One of the reasons I don't care for the company.
I hear different stories about iKlear, iClean & Monster ScreenClean for laptops. I use Monster HDMI cables on my Toshiba 55'' tv and it brings out the HD that's for sure. Some say go with either of those 3 screen cleaners I guess of the good reviews and the brand names of the people who makes the product.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I hear different stories about iKlear, iClean & Monster ScreenClean for laptops. I use Monster HDMI cables on my Toshiba 55'' tv and it brings out the HD that's for sure. Some say go with either of those 3 screen cleaners I guess of the good reviews and the brand names of the people who makes the product.
Monster cables won't make the picture any better than it would be with a cheaper HDMI cable.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Yikes! No don't use Windex. It tells you in your care information not to use household cleaning products such as clorox and Windex.
Of coarse not. Good marketing to have owners buy their cleaning products. Do you really think Windex is gonna damage the aluminum or glass? I've had a G4 PowerBook since 2004 and used household glass cleaners to clean it. The display and case look pretty much the same as new except for the occasional minor nicks.

Sent from my StarTAC using Tapatalk

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Monster cables won't make the picture any better than it would be with a cheaper HDMI cable.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Monster Cable = snake oil

But I did get the Monster screen clean for free back when i bought my tv. It works great. I would never have paid for it. But I use it to clean my MBP screen.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Don't use Windex or any household products.

I use a microfiber cloth and at times dampen it. That's it and never press too hard.

Monster is overpriced and I also got it when I bought my TV.:eek:k:eek:k

Dobatron81

Bronze
Sep 14, 2010
jersey shore
Best cheapest stuff is the spray clean bottle at Staples LCD screen cleaner. Use w clean micro fibre cloth. It worked for when someone (you're probably thinking me) spit beer on tv it looked like crap until I used this. Haven't tried windex n probably never will on my LCD screens (TV and MBP as well). The cleaner is 3 dollars it's probably worth it. Lol read the active ingredients.

Attachments

MyRichLife

Zealot
Gold
Nov 19, 2009
South Florida.
Sorry for my late reply to you guys. I plan on going to the local Apple store I plan on getting a hard case to help protect the laptop and see what the technician recommends for a screen protector if not a screen protector something that cleans the screen and what not.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
Sorry for my late reply to you guys. I plan on going to the local Apple store I plan on getting a hard case to help protect the laptop and see what the technician recommends for a screen protector if not a screen protector something that cleans the screen and what not.

I bought the 15" of this cover. And it's pretty nice! I thought it was going to add more weight. But to my surprise it wasn't that significant. And the price was good. I got mine for $22.98.

http://www.amazon.com/mCover%C2%AE-Aluminum-Unibody-Keyboard-MacBook/dp/B001NJTZUS/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1289786803&sr=1-2

Oh yes, it also comes with a cover for the keyboard. I really did not care for it myself.