Maps update a letdown...

steviep831

Bronze
Jan 15, 2008
Why are you comparing Apples and oranges? If you want to compare a GPS phone with another GPS phone then fine. But if you are going to compare the GPS features of a GPS phone to the "triangulation" features of the iPhone... then, yes, the iPhone will fail miserably... If you were looking forward to the new iPhone google maps features to "actually find my exact postion like most GPS's" then you were looking forward to something that was never promised. Most people here really enjoy the new features and use them quite often. It's the thankless customers that give the impression to developers and manufacturers that customers really don't want these features....

ilLegalBeagle

Bronze
Jun 12, 2007
This thread reminds me of an old adage....

"Never try to teach a pig to sing... It wastes your time and annoys the pig."

ilLegalBeagle

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Im not very happy with the new update for maps. It didn't reall do much. I was looking forward to it actually finding my exact postion like most GPS's but it does a real general area. And some time is off, like it will be saying im down the street whe im at my house.
They are falling way behing as far a GPS on phones go..Where the Turn by turn voice guided? Many phones have that..:sick:
When you bought your iPhone GPS was not a function that it came with. Now that they've found a work around it works great. I love the new update, the whole application works better. I think Apple has gone far beyond the call of duty in supplying us with something that performs at about 95% of a traditional GPS function.

What difference does it make if it shows you down the street? If you are actually using it for directions purposes, you can't figure out how to get down the street?

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Come to that, we should get mad at our GPS manufacturers because GPS doesn't work indoors - but the iPhone location feature does. :D

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Also, the iPhone does provide turn by turn direction but it doesn't provide audible directions

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
acually, the location feature on the phone is pretty amazing, it actually helped me get to my destination in a city ive never drove in before.

i just wish it would let you talk on the phone while using the maps...

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
acually, the location feature on the phone is pretty amazing, it actually helped me get to my destination in a city ive never drove in before.

i just wish it would let you talk on the phone while using the maps...

Works for me, I can even get the location while on the phone.

Disasterpiece

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
Danville, California
Why are you comparing Apples and oranges? If you want to compare a GPS phone with another GPS phone then fine. But if you are going to compare the GPS features of a GPS phone to the "triangulation" features of the iPhone... then, yes, the iPhone will fail miserably... If you were looking forward to the new iPhone google maps features to "actually find my exact postion like most GPS's" then you were looking forward to something that was never promised. Most people here really enjoy the new features and use them quite often. It's the thankless customers that give the impression to developers and manufacturers that customers really don't want these features....
Did you not just read my last post?
I don't CARE IF THEY SAID IT WILL HAVE GPS OR NOT!

I said it once ill say it again. I was letdown by the maps update. I don't need all the iPhone fanboys jumping all over my case cause im the only one on here who has the balls to tell you what i think.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I don't need all the iPhone fanboys jumping all over my case cause im the only one on here who has the balls to tell you what i think.
What you think just doesn't make sense and is ignorant. That's all. Try not to defend yourself against your poor statement. It's a bad thread on your behalf and people are pooping on it. Get over it :p

I'm now a fan boy either this is the only Apple product I own.

Disasterpiece

Bronze
Sep 3, 2007
Danville, California
What you think just doesn't make sense and is ignorant. That's all. Try not to defend yourself against your poor statement. It's a bad thread on your behalf and people are pooping on it. Get over it :p

I'm now a fan boy either this is the only Apple product I own.
Haha. You make a lot of sense! Its a stupid thread because i have a opinion?
No its a stupid thread because a bunch of you people had to defend the product that you really know is kinda weak compared to other phones with something similar to the iPhones maps. But whatever, i don't need to waste my time on a forum full of fanboys who will never say the iPhone has a weakness. Peace-

morpheoussc400

Aug 5, 2007
Haha. You make a lot of sense! Its a stupid thread because i have a opinion?
No its a stupid thread because a bunch of you people had to defend the product that you really know is kinda weak compared to other phones with something similar to the iPhones maps. But whatever, i don't need to waste my time on a forum full of fanboys who will never say the iPhone has a weakness. Peace-
Well it seems your expectations of the product (or your lack of knowledge) seem to surpass its intentions. And by the way, we're not defending the phone, or dumping on you because "you have an opinion". Just stating that the opinion is poorly based and is bereft of any intelligence, that's all....

Last edited by a moderator: