MacBook Pro MBP won't connect using WiFi hotspot anymore?

ICON502

Bronze
Jun 8, 2010
Louisville,Ky
www.youtube.com
My Brother and his wife bought an MBP last week. The first day his wife was able to connect to the internet using her wifi hotspot feature on her phone. Since then they have been having trouble reconnecting. On the MBP it says its connected and even shows the name of the phone but when they open Safari it says no Internet connection. They are able to connect to their wifi network at home with no problems. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Ceworld1958

Bronze
Jul 26, 2010
Can you log into your hotspot and check config, passcode. Can you use the hotspot on any other device?

ICON502

Bronze
Jun 8, 2010
Louisville,Ky
www.youtube.com
I was able to connect to their hotspot with my iPhone. They tried restarting both the phone and MBP. They also tried turning airport off then back on. They was able to find a local open wifi network which they was able to connect to. Its just weird why they aren't able to reconnect using their mobile hotspot. I'm thinking there's something were doing wrong on the Mac. I'm sure were missing something lol.

They are using their mobile hotspot through Sprint. My brother has the HTC Evo and his wife has the Samsung Epic.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

ICON502

Bronze
Jun 8, 2010
Louisville,Ky
www.youtube.com
I thing that it is a hotspot configuration issue that needs to be checked?
Yeah I think your right. They had set up the hotspot feature on their phones but really never had the hotspot feature activated. They was under the impression that it was free. Its kinda weird why it would let them connect everyonce in awhile though. Thanks for the responses everybody!

fonzy

Sep 11, 2009
Tustin, CA
I sometimes have the same problem with MyWi. It'll just stop working and I don't know why. I tried resetting everything and it wont work. Help!