Media Max Unlimited Data Plan for iPhone - Only plan available

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
And it's entirely plausible that AT&T may call it a "Media Max Unlimited Data Plan"... they seem to just bundle everything together whether or not it's really supported. I guess it makes training retention easier. ;)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Yeah, that's not the way it really works.

MediaNet in the manual refers to their webpage that allows you to get desktop pics, ring tones, etc.

The MediaNet packages, just give you data allowences, whether you are browsing MediaNet, or the regular web, it is all the same. I have a PDA phone, and I can't access MediaNet, but I still have a MediaNet package (although, I *should* have a PDA plan, which is more expensive, but it doesn't effect my ability to browse the web/check email)
Dead on emerrill. You're using MEdiaNet anytime you access the web on At&t's network. Now the MEdiaNet homepage and browser won't work for sure, but if you're online on the Cingular/At&t network, you'll need a MEdiaNet package or you'll be paying $01./KB.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
this is a good post. i already gave everyone this information before. some believed me and some didn't. but hopefully everyone can see the info again. this plan was just released a couple of weeks ago. so potentially this is going to be the iPhone plan. and i also received the same information from a AT&T store.
The real answer is that a data plan hasn't been officially annouced yet, publicly or to AT&T/Apple employees! From day one of the original official iPhone announcement it was said that there would be an iPhone specific data plan. Everything at this point is SPECULATION and OPINION! I would expect we will have the REAL ANSWER within a couple of days. I am biting at the chomp to hear what it is. This is my opionion and hopes, $19.95 unlimited data, and $19.95 (Unlimited text, optional). Which if you think about it, it also is $40, BUT if the unlimited text plan is optional, I would opt out of that, because the number of texts I send at this point is negligable, however, if you send more than 5 texts a day the $19.95 unlimited text option becomes pretty attractive.

The above is just an opinion, and speculation, just like everyone elses speculation, but the fact is, if this is the way it will work I think it will be a highly attractive plan which AT&T should and will sell in great quantity because of the iPhone.

What are your thoughts iPhone peeps?

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Well, unless they they make you get a PDA plan, or if they make an iPhone plan like they have for blackberries.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I would be OK with 20$ for data, if they would let me keep my unlimited AT&T to AT&T SMS package. And, no data contract.

I would love to not HAVE TO pay for a data plan, in case I ever wanna downgrade, but It's looking more and more like we'll be forced into it...

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
I would be OK with 20$ for data, if they would let me keep my unlimited AT&T to AT&T SMS package. And, no data contract.

I would love to not HAVE TO pay for a data plan, in case I ever wanna downgrade, but It's looking more and more like we'll be forced into it...
Get yourself an AT&T rep that has been with the company a while and understands how to adjust accounts the correct way.

I think you will be fine. The plans are more flexible than you think.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Get yourself an AT&T rep that has been with the company a while and understands how to adjust accounts the correct way.

I think you will be fine. The plans are more flexible than you think.
Thx for instilling some hope, RchGrav. :)

iPhonePro07

Jun 20, 2007
I don't see where you are seeing that Yahoo messenger is going to be part of the package. From what I see, NO messaging will be included. They are trying to make SMS take the place of instant messages by making the format look like a conversation.