Missing apps (Cydia) 2.2 JB

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
Cydia is not showing most of the apps I use after the 2.2 jailbreak. Bossprefs, MIM, Notifier, Tap to Unlock...... Is it just me, or are these not ported to 2.2 yet? Didn't see anyone else mention this problem.

Derka

Nov 23, 2008
Can you try to install poof or something by big boss? I think there may be a problem with the big boss server or sorce that it wont load them into cydia at the moment

dagoo98

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Can you try to install poof or something by big boss? I think there may be a problem with the big boss server or sorce that it wont load them into cydia at the moment
I do have big boss preferences installed and it seems to work fine.

Derka

Nov 23, 2008
When did you install them? I think it may be a problem with whatever server they use to host their applications. Maybe you got them before the server "crashed" and they wont load in cydia now

eureka

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
the prob im going through is that categories isn't working and now i have a whole mess of icons, is the server down or what?

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
I used AptBackup so it reinstalled everything I had before. Including SBSettings, Winterboard etc and they all work. With the exception of Intelliscreen.

kjack05

Bronze
Oct 28, 2008
Texas
everything seems to be showing up for me, but the one program I use installer for is not there. I cannot find rename.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I think the main problem is that after a firmware change, the repositories and apps themselves have to be modded to work on the new version? I think that this is just the process of them being updated.

If i remember correctly, the same happened when 2.1 was released, a few of the apps disappeared for a few days?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I think the main problem is that after a firmware change, the repositories and apps themselves have to be modded to work on the new version? I think that this is just the process of them being updated.

If i remember correctly, the same happened when 2.1 was released, a few of the apps disappeared for a few days?
No you're wrong. This is different. Somethings askew here...

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
how do you know? Also, if you check, you may already have winterboard etc downloaded.....check in Cydia, manage sections to be sure!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Jesus... I'm staring at cydia and suddenly winterboard appears... I install it... Alls good now. Very weird. Wasn't there last night. O well, I'm glad now. I'll spend the day tweakng this phone out and posting, of course.

ventrj

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I can not get any apps or any sources. Every time i try to dl something i get "the package blank cannot be found in your current sources. I might recommend installing more sources" does anyone else get this?

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
Everything is as should be now. I had a lot of very strange things happen right after the jailbreak, but all of them seem to have corrected themselves. Running perfectly now, and much quicker across the board! I even had problems with my Kensington Liquid Aux, gave me the "this accessory not....." message and the remote wouldn't work. Just happened the first few times using it after jailbreak, all good now?!?!?!