MMS will be available Friday June 19th

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Can they activate that feature OTA or are we gonna have to bring our phones to AT&T or a genius bar?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Can they activate that feature OTA or are we gonna have to bring our phones to AT&T or a genius bar?
I would think OTA but knowing ATT, they are great at screwing us over. But its on there end so there is no reason we would need to take it into the store.

iLoLo

Apr 6, 2009
Western Mass
::sigh:: I was just about to call ATT because I couldn't figure out why I didn't have the option to picture text when I updated.

Sorry to be a newb, but what is OTA?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
They are going to have to put out a carrier settings update to enable MMS on the phones, so it won't be OTA, you will have to hook up to iTunes.

li2327

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
www.myspace.com
Well I would be glad if that's true. I really don't understand why it wasn't included in the 3.0. I will be glad when some push notification apps will be available.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
yes, whenever they decide to get their sh*t together you will have to connect to iTunes to get the newest ipcc file which will update the carrier settings to enable MMS.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
yes, whenever they decide to get their sh*t together you will have to connect to iTunes to get the newest ipcc file which will update the carrier settings to enable MMS.
Well according to the OP they will have their sh*t together for friday. Although I will believe it when I see it because AT&T reps aren't always the most knowledgeable. I am hoping that the rep was right. Maybe I will try calling them tomorrow.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
There was an article in usa today about this. ATT said it is a data capacity problem and it would be the end of the summer before it was available
Tg

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
There was an article in usa today about this. ATT said it is a data capacity problem and it would be the end of the summer before it was available
Tg
They've had since march (probably before) to figure that out and address it, so they should be ready for this friday. An AT&T employee on one of the threads in the software forum said yesterday we would probably see it much earlier than expected. Maybe in a week or two, but that was going just by where he worked. So maybe they are ready enough to launch friday.

redneck47441

Bronze
Jun 3, 2009
Subscribed! What's this push stuff yalls talking about? Anybody else called AT&T and confirmed this I think if you call AT&T you should try and get connected to their tech support they seem to know what their talking about more so than anyone else there.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Subscribed! What's this push stuff yalls talking about? Anybody else called AT&T and confirmed this I think if you call AT&T you should try and get connected to their tech support they seem to know what their talking about more so than anyone else there.
I am calling tomorrow with some of the numbers I have from the early beta days, those AT&T techs knew more about mms than any normal AT&T reps.
Would you like that with or without a grain or salt?
With one of those grains of salt from a soft pretzel :p

Plastikfear

Bronze
Jan 15, 2009
Somewhere over the rainbow
Let us know what they say when you call them... I am tired of getting picture messages with the stupid username and password codes and having to text back and say "sorry I can't see your picture, I have an iPhone can you please e-mail that to me?" and they text back from their razr and say "sorry I can't e-mail on my phone." so then you try to find a pen and paper to write down the code (or, you did before the copy & paste was available anyway)... pain in the rear!