Mobile ME - current users

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Morning all -

With the news from yesterday, and more importantly the iCloud portion, are you going to keep \ use more your Mobile ME email account? And once iCloud is released convert over?

I'm merely curious, okay fine, I'm just nosy ;)

iAndy

Apr 8, 2011
Well iCloud will replace MobileMe so all current MobileMe users will become iCloud users as is my understanding. MobileMe will cease to exist as of 1st July 2012 and all MobileMe members will get free membership to this date and then of course icloud is free to all users anyhow :)

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Yeah, I saw the email. I was more asking if current Mobile ME email users would continue, i.e. convert to iCloud and thus continue to use their whatever@me.com email address, or switch to a different one, like GMail, Yahoo, etc.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm going to keep my @me email address. I don't see any reason not to.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I want to keep my Mobile Me too. My only issue is that all my purchases through iTunes were from a different account and Apple won't let me transfer it to my new address.

iAndy

Apr 8, 2011
Definitely keeping my .me email. I think it's great. Far more features than MM and it's FREE! :)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
yes I'm not giving up my .me address. I haven't used it much as I never knew how long I would continue to use MM. But now that it is free and we get to keep our old .me address I will likely use it more often.

Also glad I got my address a few years ago. I would imagine in a few months the pickings will be slim, as far as grabbing your preferred email address (I have the same address prefix for MM, gmail, MSN Live, Yahoo, Gmx, etc :)).

Michael

iAndy

Apr 8, 2011
So when MobileMe ceases, what about findmyphone? I have the free MobileMe that you get with iPhone 4 which is only for findmyphone. Nothings mentioned on the Apple site about it. Any ideas?
Find My iPhone will bs included in iCloud, so when you convert over to iCloud you will still get this plus all of the other iCloud apps which are now free too! :)