MobileMe subscribers, is your Find My iPhone now screwed up?

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
I have a MB, 3GS and an iPad. Haven't updated IOS yet. I can't log in to me.com, it wants me to set up a new account. I updated FMI on the iPhone. But it still won't work, says I need to set up a new account. However, contacts, bookmarks, and calendars will sync between the 3 devices.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
Maybe you need to update all your iOS devices.
And that actually occurred to me as I was falling asleep. Thank you, subconscious and Honda. :)

But is there a way to see the size of the update files? I have a data cap on my wifi.

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
Well, that didn't work. :( and now the iPhone MobileMe functions won't sync with the MB or iPad. A trip to the Apple store after Thanksgiving, looks like.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Well, that didn't work. :( and now the iPhone MobileMe functions won't sync with the MB or iPad. A trip to the Apple store after Thanksgiving, looks like.
What didn't work? I had existing Acct and have 4.1 on 3gs and iPhone 4 and all I updated is the FMi App. All still syncs fine and FMi works fine. Are your devices syncing with MM? Check on MB by logging into MM in your browser. Can you log in there?

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
What didn't work? I had existing Acct and have 4.1 on 3gs and iPhone 4 and all I updated is the FMi App. All still syncs fine and FMi works fine. Are your devices syncing with MM? Check on MB by logging into MM in your browser. Can you log in there?
Updating to IOS 4.2.1 didn't work. Before updating the iOS I updated FMI on the iPhone but it wouldn't verify my account. I could not log into MM on the browser at that point.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Updating to IOS 4.2.1 didn't work. Before updating the iOS I updated FMI on the iPhone but it wouldn't verify my account. I could not log into MM on the browser at that point.
Wow. Odd. After rebooting everything it sounds like a call to support may be in order. Honda got his FMi issue solved that way. Did your updates go well on 3gs and iPad?

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
Wow. Odd. After rebooting everything it sounds like a call to support may be in order. Honda got his FMi issue solved that way. Did your updates go well on 3gs and iPad?
Welcome to my world, LOL!

No the 3GS is the problem. It won't verify my account. And Honda was basically setting up a new one, if I understand correctly. If I do that, I'd be afraid of losing all my synced contacts, bookmarks and calendars. Right now the iPad and MB are syncing but FMI won't work on iPad either (iOS not updated). iPad will be staying home for Thanksgiving!

I have a genius appt set up for Sunday.