Monster-Beats by Dre Solo

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Does anyone know if the white headphone have a matte finish like the black ones do?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I haven't heard them, but just looking at that price and knowing what I know about Monster, I would guess you could get another brand that sounds a lot better for that price. Especially considering it's a paid endorsement, that price has to be jacked up.

As a professional, I try not to rate something I haven't heard with my own ears, but Monster has an infamous history with the audio industry that I'd love to share with you if you care...

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I haven't heard them, but just looking at that price and knowing what I know about Monster, I would guess you could get another brand that sounds a lot better for that price. Especially considering it's a paid endorsement, that price has to be jacked up.

As a professional, I try not to rate something I haven't heard with my own ears, but Monster has an infamous history with the audio industry that I'd love to share with you if you care...
I have an opportunity to get them for a discount I can't pass up since I am in the market for headphones. All I want is a product that looks good, sounds good and the remote/mic. There were some Sennheisers that I can get too, but they build quality don't seem the best, and they don't have the visual appeal I want.
I know that these aren't studio headphones, I am not looking for studio headphones.

I wouldn't mind hearing your Monster story..

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Awesome, thanks Ross!

Do you have them? If so, what are your thoughts?
I don't have them I just had a quick look about the net for you and seen that they do if you want to check it was from this page

http://peepboon.blogspot.com/2009/11/white-dr-dre-beats-studio-headphones-by.html

The white solos are matte in colour but this means that it show dirt. Something the studios wont due to the piano style finish which will be easy to clean.
Also on that page

I did test the solo versions out, they were comfortable but the bass didn't rattle me. It didn't send a shiver down my spine like the studios do. Also, the solos suffer from bad build quality, such as the parts do not fit flush, etc
Mabey you should look into getting the studio's if you can afford them and those are the headphones you want.