Mophie battery case

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
The Pro should have a 2500 mAh battery, a big step up from the Helium and Air, but still doesn't compare with the Powerstation. If having a battery attached all the time is important it might be the best choice.
NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! 2500mAh! NICE! Oh I hope that will be what they come up with.

Having the freedom of the case while on the go when I need power is the best choice for me. The Powerstation is a must have as well. I might get one just to have as a back up during the blackouts that last for a few days like the one we had a few months back.

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
I have several Mophie packs, for my 4S and now for my 5. I also have a look-alike that is ok, but the fit of the two pieces is terrible.

My real favorite charging accessory is my Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation.

Small and very powerful. Charges my iPhone 5 super fast and gives almost two charges before refueling. It's a 4,000 mAh battery compared with the Helium which is only 1500 mAh or the Air which is 1700 mAh. Huge difference! I actually like that it is a separate thing because it doesn't add any bulk to my phone. I take it in a pocket and leave it in the car. It charges so darn quick its amazing. It's about the exact size of my iPhone 4S.
How does that jack into the 5?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So power station has full size USB out?
Yes. The Power Station Mini has a micro USB port and a standard USB port just like the full-size Power Station. They come with a micro USB cord for charging.

You can use the same cable to charge the charger as you use to charge the phone if you get a micro USB Lightning adapter. Otherwise, you'd need the micro USB to charge the charger and the regular Lightning cable to charge the phone. I have the adapter and I carry a short micro USB cable since it's more portable.

DSC00220.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-03-12 at 6.02.28 PM.png

Reactions: Missy-Jeanne

Missy-Jeanne

Mar 15, 2013
You're really just paying for the name... I do wholesale on these cases and tried all the different kinds.. Yes, some suck.. only because it doesn't have enough mAh to charge it.. I'm currently using an aftermarket case. It's 2200mAh with Auto shut-off when fully charged. My only complaint: It covers the headphone jack... So whether you decide to buy name brand or off brand just be sure to read the specs before you purchase!

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
I wish otterbox or diztronic made a wireless charging case :-(, I'm just so weary of putting on a thin hard plastic case.

Do the mophies protect the phone at all? Or is it just a convenience thing? I'm really close to pulling the trigger but I'm worried about my investment lol.

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
I have a Mophie battery case for my 4. It claims impact protection. Never dropped however. But on this one the dent is completely exposed. The case matches up evenly with the glass. Lay it flat, it's on the screen. But I like the case when I need more power.

Sent using iCafe app

Chancellor

Contributor
Bronze
May 28, 2011
Nice review mate!

So far the case seems pretty amazing, the comfort of knowing I can go all day and night is....comforting lol.

+1 for the helium for those long days :).