more vaja i-volution cases available!

rbaron

Bronze
Jan 18, 2007
I don't know about ultra clip systems. But yes, rivet clip systems exactly do what you just said...
Ok you guys..... I'm going to jump in and buy the case that when you go to their site it is the orange one. Except I am going to do a different color scheme. And with the rivet system. That seems to be from what I have read the strongest of the two clips.

It takes about a month to get it yes? Hell, I waited this ling to see what was the best, I guess I vcan wait another month (or less)

Wow! $117.00.

Thanks to all that advised me........

Paul830

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Cleveland, OH
Ok everyone... I received my Vaja Top SP Holster today! Let me say this product is top notch! The overall quality is excellent. It is by far the best case I have ever seen or owned. The Leather is extremely soft and supple. The fit is Five Star! It opens very nicely and the cover flips to the back with no problems. Order date was Aug 23rd, so roughly 15 days from order to delivery. This case is a keeper! Thanks Vaja. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Waveguy

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
that was the ivolution top holster and ivolution top SP holster. This new one is just plan "ivolution". go visit the website and you'll see
It's the same orange case that rbaron was referring to in a previous post, I think.

BTW, I got a FedEx ship notice on my case that originally showed a delivery date of Sept. 7. It was later updated to say that Vaja missed the pickup time, so now I have to wait until Monday. :(

DanUC6

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
Just ordered top sp brownie/friar brown. From what I have seen and have heard this case may be the best. Thanks for all the input and will post pics when it arrives!

topcat84

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Has anyone had any problems with the ivolution Top Holster SP scratching the top of their iPhone with the snap clip or leaving dye from the leather on the back of their iPhone ? There was someone earlier in this thread that mentioned another Vaja case they had at one time that had done this and I wanted to make sure before I started using mine that it didn't do either of these things. The case is BEAUTIFUL ! Very simple, yet elegant and very snug fitting. In fact, once I slid my phone into it, it didn't seem to want to come back out. I've also got the Piel Farma snap leather case, and I'm really happy with it too. I ordered my ivolution w/o the clip system because I like to carry my phone in my pocket. The Piel Farma is good for both because sometimes with jeans you need something that can be clipped to your belt instead of putting it into your pocket. Thanks in advance to any of you that can reassure me that the top snap won't scratch the top of the phone and the leather dye won't leave any residue on the back of the phone. BTW, my Vaja case is black. Thanks again.

dadams

Jul 28, 2007
Has anyone had any problems with the ivolution Top Holster SP scratching the top of their iPhone with the snap clip or leaving dye from the leather on the back of their iPhone ?
I've been following this very closely for the past couple of weeks with the Top SP Holster. So far, no problems at all.

Waveguy

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
Top Holster with Rivet Clip - My Observations

A few comments on and pictures of my Top Holster case, which finally arrived this morning:

1. I love the look, especially the sculpted contour and the lack of visible seams. I opted for a black case without a center stripe, although I think those look great, too.

2. The two points that will be subject to the greatest wear are the hinge that secures the flap in place at the bottom and the curved tab that holds it closed at the top. Based on my previous experience with Vaja, I'm not worried about the former. It's possible that the top tab's hold will eventually loosen - you have to bend it slightly whenever you open the flap to use the iPhone - but time will tell.

3. I was going to get the case without a belt clip, but changed my mind at the last minute and ordered the rivet clip. It's an interesting system that has two parts: a bracket that your belt slips through and a larger clip that snaps onto the belt bracket and actually holds the iPhone.

To insert the iPhone, you slide the rivet on the back of the case down into the clip. A V-shaped opening guides the rivet into a short channel. The iPhone still has considerable freedom to move even when it clicks in place. It can move up and down along the channel (about half an inch), as well as rotate 360 degrees and tilt slightly. The phone hangs on the clip, rather than being held rigidly.

To release the iPhone, you press a button on the side of the clip and slide it out the bottom of the channel. Despite the freedom of motion, it feels much more secure than other belt clips I've used.

In fact, I like this system so much that I may end up using it as my primary method of carrying the iPhone. Without the clip, the rivet is small enough so that it's not a problem if I put the phone in my pocket. (I'm also finding that the case is thin and slippery enough that the iPhone is still likely to slip out of my shirt pocket when I bend over.)

Attachments

jonallan

Jul 1, 2007
Full review and more pictures at the end of page 13. It only let me post 6 pictures so I had to put these two on a second reply.
Any other pictures you'd like me to take just ask.
@Osriris0290

Could you repost or send me pics? I'm trying to decide on color and recall that you had the dark blue, right?

EDIT:
Nevermind, looks like the pics are back up. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

jordan6

Jul 26, 2007
Dropped Case

So today I dropped my phone open on concrete (after tripping down some outdoor stairs). Needless to say the phone has a big ding on the corner and the case looks pretty bad. There are scratches on it to reveal white (the leather seems to just be dyed on the top layer). I am pretty disappointed but oh well it was my fault. I just wish the case hadn't gotten so torn up, it was flat concrete and I am a little surprised it got so scratched.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Has anyone else received their classic case yet? I just got a notification that mine has shipped and will arrive on Monday. I'll post pics then.

Joe

jordan6

Jul 26, 2007
I am not using this case anymore. It gets scratched very easily and reveals white leather. They have great customer service and it is a very attractive case but it is not good if you ever drop the phone.

LauraBee

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Napa, CA
www.flyingcolorstattoo.com
i just checked the vaja site this morning and saw that they have some additional i-volution cases with flaps to cover the screen available now.
whenever i get a new phone or any gadget, i buy about 5 cases for it since i always want different options to carry it and different styles for different activities. but i'm thinking i really like my iPhone naked (except for a brando screen protector) and the vaja pouch case i just got works really well. plus, i have the pro-clip cradle to mount the iPhone in my car on the dashboard, and taking it in and out of anything but a pouch case isn't practical. so, i think i'll pass on this i-volution case for the moment, but i'm sure i'll continue to be tempted and will probably break down and get one anyway in the next few months... :p

if you've never had a vaja case before, they are absolutely lovely - high quality leather, hand-made, and sturdy. expensive, but you get what you pay for...

I ordered one of these the first day this was posted...takes ten days to make my custom color choice and I can't wait for it to get here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Edsel

Sep 5, 2007
So today I dropped my phone open on concrete (after tripping down some outdoor stairs). Needless to say the phone has a big ding on the corner and the case looks pretty bad. There are scratches on it to reveal white (the leather seems to just be dyed on the top layer). I am pretty disappointed but oh well it was my fault. I just wish the case hadn't gotten so torn up, it was flat concrete and I am a little surprised it got so scratched.
Sorry to hear about your phone man, more important though I hope you are ok.

I have a question to everyone whos gotten one, how durable are they? do they scratch easy? Jordan dropped his and his case is all scratched up he says. Hows it taking it out and putting it in the pocket all the time? You guys notice any fading of the color on the leather? and gouges?

Thanks

Waveguy

Bronze
Aug 18, 2007
Sorry to hear about your phone man, more important though I hope you are ok.
Me too.

I have a question to everyone whos gotten one, how durable are they? do they scratch easy? Jordan dropped his and his case is all scratched up he says. Hows it taking it out and putting it in the pocket all the time? You guys notice any fading of the color on the leather? and gouges?

Thanks
Mine's held up well so far, but I've only had it since Monday and I've mostly carried it in my shirt pocket or on my belt. The surface isn't absolutely pristine like it was out of the box - there are a few minor marks - but nothing that you would notice.

jordan6

Jul 26, 2007
I love the case, I got it bright aqua, and I don't seem to have any issues except where I dropped it. On that note, I have dropped it twice, and each time the leather scratched and now reveals white. Like I said before, this is a great case, and I got it especially to put in my purse and keep my keys and stuff from scratching the screen, but I wish I had kept my rubber incase because I think it would have handled the falls better. I think the vaja case is great for people who are very gentle on their phones but if you have dropped it already or anticipate dropping it again you may want to consider that the leather scratches.
Also, I think it's kind of a pain to open the flap all the time. At first it didn't bother me but now that I have had it almost two weeks it is getting on my nerves. I also don't really like how the flap is always just hanging around everywhere when I try to do stuff. I use the internet/email a lot more than I use the phone and it just seems to get in the way, especially since I open and close it a LOT during the day. It's also a pain if you just want to check the time or something because you have to open it, etc.
Hope this helps.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
eNOVO CASES

I love the case, I got it bright aqua, and I don't seem to have any issues except where I dropped it. On that note, I have dropped it twice, and each time the leather scratched and now reveals white. Like I said before, this is a great case, and I got it especially to put in my purse and keep my keys and stuff from scratching the screen, but I wish I had kept my rubber incase because I think it would have handled the falls better. I think the vaja case is great for people who are very gentle on their phones but if you have dropped it already or anticipate dropping it again you may want to consider that the leather scratches.
Also, I think it's kind of a pain to open the flap all the time. At first it didn't bother me but now that I have had it almost two weeks it is getting on my nerves. I also don't really like how the flap is always just hanging around everywhere when I try to do stuff. I use the internet/email a lot more than I use the phone and it just seems to get in the way, especially since I open and close it a LOT during the day. It's also a pain if you just want to check the time or something because you have to open it, etc.
Hope this helps.

I HAVE SAID THIS BEFORE BUT HAVE YOU TOOK A LOOK AT THE eNOVO CASES AT www.cases.com THEY ARE LEATHER COME IN AFEW DIFFERENT COLORS AND I THINK THEY WILL PROTECT THE iPhone BETTER THAN THE VAJA I-VOLUTION ONES..THE COVER FLIPS UP NOT DOWN AND THE GREAT THING ABOUT IT IS THAT THE COVER IS DETACHABLE..IT PROTECTS ALL OF THE SIDES OF THE PHONE..I HAVE 2 OF THESE AND LOVE THEM..I GOT A RED ONE AND A BLACK ONE. THERES A LONG SLOT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CASE WHERE THE MIC AND SPEAKERS ARE THE VOLUME BUTTONS ARE COVERED BY THE CASE WITH DOTS SHOWING WHERE THEY ARE AND CAN BE PUSHED through THE CASE. IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CASE JUST ASK..
THEY DON'T HAVE VERY GOOD PICS OF THEM THERE. TRY LOOKING AT THEM ON www.ebcases.com ALSO.