Must Have Apps for 3G S?

sketchead

May 17, 2010
Hi

I've just ordered my iPhone 3G S (16GB) and I'm really excited to get some cool apps installed. I've had an iPod Touch for awhile and so I'm familiar with jailbreaking and Cydia etc.

Just wondering which apps you guys would consider the best for iPhone 3GS? Also, which case would you say is best? I want to protect the phone but I don't like bulky cases, I'm also not a big fan of rubber type cases.

Thanks

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
There are plenty of cases to choose from here on the EiC site and I have mostly paid apps I would just browse around the app store once you get your phone and see what you like! If I post my favorite apps you might not like them and vice versa so just see for yourself!

sketchead

May 17, 2010
There are plenty of cases to choose from here on the EiC site and I have mostly paid apps I would just browse around the app store once you get your phone and see what you like! If I post my favorite apps you might not like them and vice versa so just see for yourself!
Thanks again Cjvdh :) I can't wait to get my phone now!

maximo916

Bronze
Sep 17, 2009
Just wondering which apps you guys would consider the best for iPhone 3GS?
Thanks
A few that I use a lot are; [damn, I just realized I left my phone at home, doh] Pandora, 3G Unrestrictor(Cydia), Backgrounder(Cydia), Google Mobile, Winterboard(Cydia), and your bank/phone apps(Wells Fargo, AT&T, Bank of America, Comcast, etc.) are super handy.
Those are the few that I could see most people benefiting from.
Some that I use a lot that might not be everyone's taste are; Mint.com, xGPS(Cydia), ESPN Scorecenter, Fandango, Yelp, and there are a lot of productivity apps that you'll find after a stroll through the app store(s).
Have fun!

I'm having withdrawals already :(

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
If you jailbreak then the most essential app IMO is SBSettings. You don't understand just how much that app helps you out until you loose your JB.

App Store Apps:

Ping
Paypal
Facebook
Twitter
Ebay
Rowmote
Intelliremote

Games:
Doodlejump
solitaire
Angry Birds
Fling
Flight Control
CatchaMouse

scrum30

May 7, 2010
stockport
ive tried jailbreaking my phone but obviously doing something wrong because it never works properly so sticking to the appstore for now,the ones i use are: around me,shazam,photoshare,tv guide and flixster these are all free apps.

michaelberlin66

Sep 18, 2008
sketchead said:
Hi

I've just ordered my iPhone 3G S (16GB) and I'm really excited to get some cool apps installed. I've had an iPod Touch for awhile and so I'm familiar with jailbreaking and Cydia etc.

Just wondering which apps you guys would consider the best for iPhone 3GS? Also, which case would you say is best? I want to protect the phone but I don't like bulky cases, I'm also not a big fan of rubber type cases.

Thanks
Go for the Otterbox Defender. It's worth the investment!

Magicman4131

Bronze
Jul 25, 2009
California
I recommend the Switcheasy Nude Case. If you don't like the Nude Series they make other good cases. They are VERY slim.
http://switcheasy.com/products/NUDE/NUDE.php

JusSumguy

Bronze
Apr 6, 2010
F1 09
Real Racing
Coopers Mountain
Engadget
TouchBible
iFiles
MemoryInfo (if you can find it)
Classics (free books)
Tap&Track (calculate every meal's numbers)
PS Mobile (Photoshop real lite)
Photobucket
ColorSplash
Framed
ToonPaint
Spyglass (GPS tagged photo's)
Hindenburg (Best recorder)
iStrobeSoft (Best tuner)
GuitarToolkit
TabToolkit
PokerTimer
PokerJournal

To name a few. :eek:k:eek:k

-

frizz

Bronze
Mar 25, 2008
Philly
get the otter box,i work construction, dropped my phone two stories when i went and got it, it still works