My iPad 2 protected....

jooley

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Land of the #1 Jayhawks!
I know it's not protected from drops, but I wanted to come up with something to use with the Smart cover. I created a template, then cut a Vera Bradley laptop skin and applied it to the back of my iPad2.
025.jpg

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
YES! NICE!

A Co-worker of mine did this with the Black Leather Smart cover and a Zagg leather skin for the iPad 1 he converted to fit the iPad 2 and it looks great! My dream combination is the Red Leather Smart cover and a Nice Skin on the back. I saw one I like at Decal Girl and Zagg has nice printed ones as well.

This is nice to see. Thanks for sharing! Looks Awesome! Good Job!

c613m

Bronze
Apr 21, 2011
Canada's Capital
Great job! I've got a blue Smart Cover on white iPad, and white SGP Leather backing. Love that it doesn't take away from the device.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
That's really awesome whether it was home made or not. But it being home made makes it all the more impressive! You should start your own skin businesss here or anywhere! Make me a Lakers or a Chicago Bulls themed one and I would gladly review it and highly promote it like I am right now, cause girl that looks so legit what you got there! You should've cut around the Apple logo to expose the cool glossy black Apple logo goodness. You could've also made the Apple logo pink! All this would take some serious detailed cutting time though I would imagine. But I think you could pull it off! I never considered protection for my iPad 2 cause it's too pretty and highly functionable naked, but after seeing your work I would consider one for simply style alone, but it serving as scratch protection as well while looking super rad is a very well added plus. You can even change it on a daily basis like you do with clothes if you felt like it. Good job. Please make me one. Please I really want one. I'll even post pics. I'll be sad if I don't get one. I'm not joking. I really dig it. iDig
-ipod

jooley

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Land of the #1 Jayhawks!
That's really awesome whether it was home made or not. But it being home made makes it all the more impressive! You should start your own skin businesss here or anywhere! Make me a Lakers or a Chicago Bulls themed one and I would gladly review it and highly promote it like I am right now, cause girl that looks so legit what you got there! You should've cut around the Apple logo to expose the cool glossy black Apple logo goodness. You could've also made the Apple logo pink! All this would take some serious detailed cutting time though I would imagine. But I think you could pull it off! I never considered protection for my iPad 2 cause it's too pretty and highly functionable naked, but after seeing your work I would consider one for simply style alone, but it serving as scratch protection as well while looking super rad is a very well added plus. You can even change it on a daily basis like you do with clothes if you felt like it. Good job. Please make me one. Please I really want one. I'll even post pics. I'll be sad if I don't get one. I'm not joking. I really dig it. iDig
-ipod
Wow! Thanks for the enthusiastic endorsement, LOL. I just have to know.... how many cups of coffee did you have before posting? :)

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
I don't understand why people buys such an expensive and great looking device and then cover it up like that. I got this to go along with my smart cover.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteamPunk

Apr 25, 2011
Looks very pretty indeedy! Nice to know you could always switch it out once you got bored too, albeit it might be a little sticky...

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
I just ordered Wrapsol double sided protection for my iPad 2. Should be nice.

soma4society

Bronze
Dec 9, 2008
Lol. I hear that but I don't think her skin is going to protect her iPad from a drop.
Yeah, only way to do that is to insure the thing, which is less preventive in nature but I still recommend. My coverage is through Liberty Mutual: $20 a year and it protects my device against drops, spills, theft, etc with a $50 deductible. Definitely worth the piece of mind for a nearly $900 device.

kiwee

Bronze
Jun 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
Wow! Insurance on an iPad! Crazy.
I ended up going back to the baby blue smart cover.
So now the iPad is wrapped in a full body zagg with smart cover and running an ifrogz sleeve when it goe in my bag.
Safe n' sound!
I think what made me go away from the folio solution is when someone (think it was in this thead) said why would you want to cover up such a nice device. So true!