My iPhone 6 Might be Bent?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thanks, John! I can't live without jailbreak and will do it as soon as I get back to work. Ya know what, forget PKGBackup. I had that bug fron SkipLock and don't want that on the new iPhone. I'll just redownload all the tweaks that I must have. Key word, must.
Any issues just give me a mention and I'll pop in :p

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thanks, John! I can't live without jailbreak and will do it as soon as I get back to work. Ya know what, forget PKGBackup. I had that bug fron SkipLock and don't want that on the new iPhone. I'll just redownload all the tweaks that I must have. Key word, must.
I can't tell if it's bent for sure since the pictures are blurry, but it looks like it might be very slightly. They typically bend near the volume button if they do bend. Can you post some clear pictures? But yeah, if you did get a new phone I would stay away from PkgBackup.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I can't tell if it's bent for sure since the pictures are blurry, but it looks like it might be very slightly. They typically bend near the volume button if they do bend. Can you post some clear pictures? But yeah, if you did get a new phone I would stay away from PkgBackup.
Sorry took those pics with a 5c. It's okay, I'm close to an Apple store. I'm restored and backed up. I can just erase all settings and data, if they give me a new phone.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Why restore?
What if they don't replace your iPhone?
Surely you don't think they will try to blame any perceived bend on Pangu and deny any warranty claim?
I'm not sure if they will replace it since I can't tell for sure if it's bent with his blurry pictures, but if they do decide to replace it, it would be a waste of a trip for him if he hadn't restored. He can't use the Erase All Settings and Content function on a jailbroken device (fails and gets stuck at the boot logo prompting a restore) and they make you do that at the Genius Bar so personal data is removed if you haven't already restored.

Reactions: snowtrooper1966

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I'm not sure if they will replace it since I can't tell for sure if it's bent with his blurry pictures, but if they do decide to replace it, it would be a waste of a trip for him if he hadn't restored. He can't use the Erase All Settings and Content function on a jailbroken device (fails and gets stuck at the boot logo prompting a restore) and they make you do that at the Genius Bar so personal data is removed if you haven't already restored.
They replaced it no problem. The iPhone was not even 2 months old. Anyway, right now I'm on wifi and the restore from iCloud is hanging up. My apps have stopped downloading, or so it seems. But, I can still see the activity symbol swirling. Anyway to speed this up or stop them and restart? Help. @iphonewarrior @Napoleon PhoneApart @chris

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I have seen that happen. Typically tapping a icon that is waiting to load will pause the download. Then hit it again and the download will resume correctly. Happened to me several times.

Reactions: EverythingApple

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
They replaced it no problem. The iPhone was not even 2 months old. Anyway, right now I'm on wifi and the restore from iCloud is hanging up. My apps have stopped downloading, or so it seems. But, I can still see the activity symbol swirling. Anyway to speed this up or stop them and restart? Help. @iphonewarrior @Napoleon PhoneApart @chris
Wait. You told me your iCloud backup failed in your other thread I was helping you in. How did you apply it if it failed to make one? Why not just restore from the iTunes backup you made yesterday? iTunes backups are faster to apply. I make both and I would only choose the iCloud if I had to restore on vacation or something or if the iTunes backup was corrupt and failing.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I can't. I'm at work and not home. And, I leave for vacation after work.
I gave you a set of directions in your other thread and you told me that it (creating an iCloud backup) didn't work. My reply was based on that.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Wait. You told me your iCloud backup failed in your other thread I was helping you in. How did you apply it if it failed to make one? Why not just restore from the iTunes backup you made yesterday? iTunes backups are faster to apply. I make both and I wojkd only choose the iCloud if I had to restore on vacation or something or if the iTunes backup was corrupt and failing.
Yes, that was before I restored to 8.1.1. Than I ran a backup, and restored my settings and apps using iTunes. Than I tried, and it worked, a new iCloud backup. This is the backup that I used to restore to my new iPhone today. But, I was going in and out of wifi coverage while the apps were installing. I stayed in the Apple store until my settings were restored. But, @coop1701 got my iPhone to complete the restore from iCloud.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I gave you a set of directions in your other thread and you told me that it (creating an iCloud backup) didn't work. My reply was based on that.
Look at my response above. That was with the old/bent iPhone. This issue was with the new unbent iPhone. It's resolved. Sorry for the confusion.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I have seen that happen. Typically tapping a icon that is waiting to load will pause the download. Then hit it again and the download will resume correctly. Happened to me several times.
So all my apps are downloaded, but on the lockscreen under the "slide to unlock" it still says "Restoring from iCloud Backup." Now what? I don't see the activity symbol anymore. Ugh.

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
I'll shut up now....:D

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
It might be a left over from when it hung up. Just do a Reset, Hold the Home Button and Sleep button until the Apple logo comes up.

Reactions: EverythingApple