MacBook Pro My New MacBook

Alkali

Bronze
Nov 1, 2010
Nigeria
I have been using Windows since when i was a small kid and have just ordered my New MacBook and now wonders.
1. Where do i save my pics and music so as to sync them with my iPhone using iTunes?
2. In Apple store i can purchase programs but cannot recall seeing Applications for the MacBook. Can i buy programs for the new computer or use items already purchased for my iPhone?
3. Coming from Microsoft, can i say adios forever replacing Windows?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
1. Where do i save my pics and music so as to sync them with my iPhone using iTunes?
Music has to be imported into iTunes. Pictures can either be in iPhoto or really any other directory. You just specify the folders you want to sync in your iPhones "Photos" tab in iTunes.

2. In Apple store i can purchase programs but cannot recall seeing Applications for the MacBook. Can i buy programs for the new computer or use items already purchased for my iPhone?
There's the App store within iTunes that sells iPhone/iPad apps, and there's the Mac App store (that sell mac apps that will work on your MacBook). They're two different entities - apps in the (iTunes) App Store will not work on your Mac, and apps in the Mac App Store will not work on any iOS device.

3. Coming from Microsoft, can i say adios forever replacing Windows?
Pretty much.

Alkali

Bronze
Nov 1, 2010
Nigeria
Thanks but sorry to disturb you evenmore . In a simple way, in a layman's langauge since i have the music and pics in a flash, where do i copy and paste so as to start using them immediately in folders that a associated with music, pics and also sync through iTunes?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
for the music:
-plug in your flash drive
-open iTunes
-go to File->Add to Library
-select your flash drive

iTunes will import all of the music on the flash drive, and then you'll be able to sync it to your iPhone.

Babyt

Zealot
Gold
May 24, 2010
Make sure your flash drive is backed up elsewhere. Not all flash drives will work windows-> Mac.

Troubleina

Bronze
Mar 5, 2009
Suburban Washington DC
yeah, i found that out with mine too (about the flash not working)

so far, i've tried importing from an external HD, and about 80% will move over, but then it tells me my mac HD cant be written to. so i tried with a rather large backup of DVDs and it did the same thing.

it's been a slow process. but i did sign up for a class at the Apple store saturday. hopefully that will help! :)