My Pre v. iPhone impressions

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Traitor! LOL
I know you're just joking, but actually all of us who wish to participate in the debate should follow his example. Most of us have an iPhone bias already, there is no way we can fairly debate or compare the two phones unless we have used both extensively.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I know you're just joking, but actually all of us who wish to participate in the debate should follow his example. Most of us have an iPhone bias already, there is no way we can fairly debate or compare the two phones unless we have used both extensively.
That was all said in jest. I actually welcome various opinions such as those from Mark.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
That was all said in jest. I actually welcome various opinions such as those from Mark.
Oh, I know. That's why I started my paragraph by stating that ;)
I just wanted to point out that I think it's unfair to debate these issues if you don't do what Naps is doing. I admire his fairness.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
That little flap I have to open to connect the charger really feels like the weakest link on the device. I damn near broke it the first time just trying to see how it opened.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
That little flap I have to open to connect the charger really feels like the weakest link on the device. I damn near broke it the first time just trying to see how it opened.
Yes the little plastic flap is pretty sad. I have a charging stone (GREAT DEVICE) so I only have to access "The Flap" when syncing. I don't sync the Pre that often so "The Flap" is not really an issue although it is cheap for sure.

I'm going to be LMAO :) if two hardcore iPhone users become life long Sprint customers just doing a comparison. We all know the Pre can't take the place of the iPhone. Yet you two (Mr. PhoneApart & Fury) might not want to give up your small wonder after 30 days. Also you have to admit Sprint's plans don't bend you over like AT&Greed. Mark

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
I'd love OTA updates.
Yeah same here

My Nokia 5800 Xpress Music had the ability for OTA updates

Shame that none of the firmware updates released when I had the phone let me do it OTA

Nokia Ovi Suite used to show that there was a update avalible for my device

Went onto My phone to do it OTA and that came back saying No Updates Avalible each time.:D

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Yes the little plastic flap is pretty sad. I have a charging stone (GREAT DEVICE) so I only have to access "The Flap" when syncing. I don't sync the Pre that often so "The Flap" is not really an issue although it is cheap for sure.

I'm going to be LMAO :) if two hardcore iPhone users become life long Sprint customers just doing a comparison. We all know the Pre can't take the place of the iPhone. Yet you two (Mr. PhoneApart & Fury) might not want to give up your small wonder after 30 days. Also you have to admit Sprint's plans don't bend you over like AT&Greed. Mark
Not to worry - I can't afford two cell phones right now...

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I practically needed the Jaws of Life to get that little plastic door open. :)
I hear you on that one. The best way I found to open "The Flap" is have the slider in the up position and stick your fingernail under the edge and pop it out. Like I said the touch stone charger is a must have just for the hassle of "The Flap".

How are you liking Sprint's service? And also how are you liking the camera? I think the 3GS takes a much sharper image. Almost forgot do you like the UI of the music player? I think it's pretty nice. Mark:eek:k:eek:k

BTW: do you see the cheap build everyone was complaining about. I don't see it I think the Pre is very well built.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I'm getting a bit of sensation that this thing is a bit cheaper in build quality. First the screen rocking when closed (although fine when open), then I see some distortion/leaking light at the bottom of the screen, and now the battery cover won't stay shut. The plastics feel thinner and less sturdy than the iPhone's.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
A Palm Pre Screen Shot: Cards Infinity.

First of all it is so nice to finally be able to post photo's on EIC directly from the iPhone thanks to copy & paste, Yippie! Secondly, here is what cards/mutitasking can do on the Palm Pre. Mark

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
First of all it is so nice to finally be able to post photo's on EIC directly from the iPhone thanks to copy & paste, Yippie! Secondly, here is what cards/mutitasking can do on the Palm Pre. Mark
What, it can make you all confused and dizzy? ;)

--
Mike