My Pre v. iPhone impressions

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Hehe clever trick (screenshotting it while in card view, the only card being the previous screenshot)

I noticed the cards gradually blur as I proceed to work in other cards, and then eventually grey out indicating they have "white paged". A little weird, but I can kind of understand they wanted a way to glance and see which cards have been getting poked to reduce memory usage.

I'm most appreciative of the workflow of email notifications. I'll be typing here and the mail icon slides up. Two taps and I get right at the new email. That helps me keep better track of my email updates (usually threads here or comments on YouTube or iRovr). That is the main thing drawing me to keep Preing at the moment.

Edit: oh, ****. Figures I'd forget I'm near my Genius post and start talking about the pre...ON the pre! Irony, anyone?

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I was so happy today when I saw two new apps in the Pre's App Catalog. My happines quickly turned to disappointment when I realized they were both useless another find dining app and a bookmark app. When are we going to get to the good part? :D Mark

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I was so happy today when I saw two new apps in the Pre's App Catalog. My happines quickly turned to disappointment when I realized they were both useless another find dining app and a bookmark app. When are we going to get to the good part? :D Mark
I know that's starting to frustrate Pre users. They'll just have to be patient, I suppose.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
You will know the App Catalog has come of age when they get a few fart apps in there. :eek:k:eek:k

AeroCare

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2009
All over the World !
OK I just got back from a flight and took a short video with the 3GS from my "office" but tried to upload it to YouTube but it kept telling me it wasn't available. Any other way to post it here?

GST

Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
The dining app(open table) actually looks interesting. I found a nice little restaurant that has online reservations just a few miles away because of it.

Useful ones are few and far between as of now though.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
OK so I finally got it uploaded. What did I do wrong that it has these black bars on the sides ? It didn't look like that when I played it on the phone.

That's caused by shooting in portrait mode, next time turn the phone to landscape mode while filming.
Cool video though :)

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Yeah, that is cool. The iPhone in the mile high club :cool:

pre seems to like staying with the cached versions of a page, and then preventing me from scrolling down all the way when I refresh, so I hopped back over to the iPhone to post. :eek:k:eek:k my thumbs are like, "thank god"

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I can't figure out what causes the pre to bug up the scrolling. Every now and then while scrolling, it will pop back to the point where the flick started. Sometimes I'll have to flick 3 or 4 times before the flick actually follows through without the popping.

Links are harder to hit than the iPhone

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I had to share this because I'm still laughing. I received an email from Palm today titled, Amazing Apps For Your Palm Pre. Sadly the email only showcased 4 of the about 30 Apps in Palm's App Catalog. I was thinking how Palm's App Catalog is more of a short advertisement than a catalog. LMAO, :mad: Mark

Footnote: What a waste of an email. :dft008:surprised