Name of our website

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
My understanding is that the .com, .net and .org TLD's (top level domains) were originally set aside to differentiate businesss, network and nonprofit web addresses, but was not adhered to.
All three are publicly available and restricted.....

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I say don't change it, my email address is even longer than that. I just love the sound of everythingicafe

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
Consider this: it takes companies years to brand themselves. With the Apple fan base you have, would you appear as a new player? The eiC has a long standing positive reputation. Changing the brand might require some marketing to ensure the Apple fans know it's the same great site/blog/forums/store. And who types out the full domain now a days anyway with bookmarks and auto complete?

How did a name change affect imore? What about the other sites? I found you at everythingTreo.com.

Just a couple of thoughts...

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
I am opposed to the change, unless (which I'm pretty sure you can) and can have the old sites name redirect to the new sites domain. You can also, I'm pretty sure, have multiple domains linking to 1 site.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I am opposed to the change, unless (which I'm pretty sure you can) and can have the old sites name redirect to the new sites domain. You can also, I'm pretty sure, have multiple domains linking to 1 site.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
Chris owns the current domain and to set a re-direct from everythingiCafe.com to insertnewcafe.com is easy. The change may take 24hours to take full effect, though.

Changing names isn't an easy task, you've got to change everything i.e push a new update to the app to change it's name and banners etc.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Personally, I have never really liked the "cafe" part but no offense to you Chris seeing from your profile pic how much you enjoy your coffee. ;)

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Personally, I have never really liked the "cafe" part but no offense to you Chris seeing from your profile pic how much you enjoy your coffee. ;)
connie
I am glad I am not the only one thinking a coffee bar is also a cafe
this is actually not true
cafe - a small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold
Internet/Cyper cafe is supose to also sell drinks and food
s0 CHRIS we want snacks

Reactions: Tattooed Alex

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I am somewhat open to the idea of a new name. Just don't make it empty like iMore. That name lacks punch. It is a quantifier without a quantity. I liked them better when they were TiPb. "iMore" is basically just a short, generic, simple word domain name for the sake of itself, instead of having a domain name with some presense.

The thing about everythingicafe is that it kinda fits. It's everything. It has the "i" of which we are all so fond. And the cafe gives it a mood, an atmosphere, a brand.

I'll send you one idea in PM, I don't want to risk somebody sniping the domain name if they saw it...

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
I've always wondered if your name was a bit obtuse for some. I found it hard to remember at first, coming from 'treocentral'. Of course that might have more to do with my brainpower than the site name.

I'd be cool with a new name.