New iPhone 3G user with multiple questions

rtc1184

Dec 5, 2008
hello, i am new and i have the iPhone 3g 2.2 update. not very grateful with the iPhone, but i think it is coming around. i have a couple of questions

1. how to jailbreak(and benefits) of it on the 3g iPhone
2. i have 6800 ringtones on my computer that i have made, can i get them to the iPhone?
3. can i put a video recorder on the iPhone 3g w/out jailbreak?
4. are there any media player downloads for the iPhone, like flash, or macromedia so you can view videos on the net?

thanks in advance, robert

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Last edited by a moderator:

rtc1184

Dec 5, 2008
i just jailbroke my phone and now i have no contacts and have no service. i have the 3g iPhone 2.2 update on it, can any of you help? pls pls

TarekElsakka

Genius
Gold
Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
i just jailbroke my phone and now i have no contacts and have no service. i have the 3g iPhone 2.2 update on it, can any of you help? pls pls
Aren't you an AT&T user? You should have used QuickPwn 2.2 (on Macintosh or Windows) so you could update both the firmware and the baseband (modem) itself. It should work fine if you updated using iTunes and then jailbreaking using QuickPwn 2.2. Unless you're using a sim unlocking chip (to use any other sim card on the phone) and updated normally using iTunes, then the baseband got updated and you will not be able to use any other sim card (other than the original AT&T one) on the iPhone 3G; until the iPhone Dev Team comes up with a new software unlock *we all are hoping*.

So anyway, if you are an AT&T user, just connect your iPhone to your computer, open iTunes 8, and click RESTORE. Make sure you don't restore from a Backup, but start from new. Then after you are done, use QuickPwn 2.2 (QuickPwn 2.2 for Mac) or QuickPwn 2.2 for Windows) to jailbreak, then sync your contacts, music, and whatever you want with your iPhone.