New laptop = help

roston100

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
My old laptop died on me along with everything on it! However I still have many of the things on my iPhone 4. Is there a way i can transfer the pictures from my iPhone firstly to my new iTunes and secondly to my new phone? Also on my iPhone I have the favourites bar from my old laptop saved. Is there a way i can transfer these to my new laptop?

Many thanks

Woofus

Silver
Not sure about the favorites, but as for the pictures that can be done easily.

Just hook up your iPhone to the new laptop and wait for the laptop to recognize it. Then just double click on the iPhone icon (in "My Computer") and then drill down through the folders until you get to the pictures. You can just copy them from there and paste them into a folder on your laptop.

There may be some aftermarket software out there that will let you copy your favorites/bookmarks. Search around the forums here and you'll probably find a dozen or so good ones.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
My old laptop died on me along with everything on it! However I still have many of the things on my iPhone 4. Is there a way i can transfer the pictures from my iPhone firstly to my new iTunes and secondly to my new phone? Also on my iPhone I have the favourites bar from my old laptop saved. Is there a way i can transfer these to my new laptop?

Many thanks
Do you still have your old laptop and is it a pc or Mac ?

roston100

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
Woofus/ladres - the only pics i can transfer when plugging it in are the 1s on my "camera roll". The pics were initially sync'd from "my pictures" onto the iPhone, however i no longer have "my pictures"

Roofmonkey - its a pc and yeah i still have the old 1!

Woofus

Silver
Woofus/ladres - the only pics i can transfer when plugging it in are the 1s on my "camera roll". The pics were initially sync'd from "my pictures" onto the iPhone, however i no longer have "my pictures"

Roofmonkey - its a pc and yeah i still have the old 1!
Well... there's a couple of options.

1) Assuming that your hard drive on the dead laptop still works, you could rip it on out of there, pick up an external USB enclosure and copy everything off of it to your new computer

or

2) Google "transfer music and photos from iPhone to computer" (without the quotes) and find a software program that will copy the stuff off of your iPhone. You might have to spend a few bucks on it, but it will get all of your stuff back.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
iFunbox is a great way to recover pics, movies and songs from your iphone- no jailbreak required