New Optimum App not working on jailbroken iPhone 4

jakefuzzy

Bronze
Oct 13, 2009
Aleksandr, thanks so much for passing on this information. The .deb file worked perfectly. I went on to Reddit and left a message for the author of the patch thanking him. For those that are having problems with this, I downloaded it on my iPhone using Safari Download Manager, then used IFile to install it. Worked flawlessly.

jakefuzzy

Bronze
Oct 13, 2009
Now if we can just fool this app in thinking that it's being used under the "Home Network", we'd be able to watch TV anywhere on our iPhone.

Aleksandr Abelev

Sep 21, 2011
New York, New York
I found information about very simple solution for iPad and iPhone any models:

Rename your Cydia directory and your 'apt' package directory to whatever you want. Note that, in the future, you'll have to rename these BACK to their original names when you want to use Cydia or install something:

/Applications/Cydia.app rename to /Applications/SomeOtherName
/private/var/lib/apt rename to /private/var/lib/SomeOtherName

This is it! Log in to Optimum - everything is working now!
Current Optimum software version 2.0.1

Aleksandr Abelev

Sep 21, 2011
New York, New York
Another elegant solution for iPad: if you don't want to re-name Cydia folders... Install DEB file as I describe above.

After go to the location

/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/Optimum.plist

Open this file for editing and replace CVCrDVR with Optimum .

Save file. This is it! iPad will work now with Optimum.

Reactions: shag

Aleksandr Abelev

Sep 21, 2011
New York, New York
Yes. You can donload file on local computer and open in text editor. It's not stilling your credit card numbers :)

Source code for the paranoid:
#include <Foundation/Foundation.h> #include "substrate.h" static IMP original_CommonSettings_isBoardLoaded; BOOL replaced_isBoardLoaded(id self, SEL _cmd) { return NO; } __attribute__((constructor)) static void OptimumInitialize(void) { MSHookMessageEx(objc_getClass("CommonSettings"), @selector(isBoardLoaded), (IMP) replaced_isBoardLoaded, (IMP *)&original_CommonSettings_isBoardLoaded); }

Aleksandr Abelev

Sep 21, 2011
New York, New York
No hard filling - just a joke :)
Was bad formatting above. Again - source code for DEB file:

#include <Foundation/Foundation.h>
#include "substrate.h"
static IMP original_CommonSettings_isBoardLoaded;
BOOL replaced_isBoardLoaded(id self, SEL _cmd)
{
return NO;
}
__attribute__((constructor)) static void OptimumInitialize(void)
{
MSHookMessageEx(objc_getClass("CommonSettings"), @selector(isBoardLoaded), (IMP) replaced_isBoardLoaded, (IMP *)&original_CommonSettings_isBoardLoaded);
}

Jason Brown

Sep 21, 2011
Hyde Park, New York
my question was, what does the .deb file actually do? whats it change? any side effects?

i did it and it worked, but i always like to know what actually happened behind the scenes.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
my question was, what does the .deb file actually do? whats it change? any side effects?

i did it and it worked, but i always like to know what actually happened behind the scenes.
It's code that a programmar wrote to defeat the jailbreak check upon opening the app. No side effects.

Play

Sep 20, 2011
I found information about very simple solution for iPad and iPhone any models:

Rename your Cydia directory and your 'apt' package directory to whatever you want. Note that, in the future, you'll have to rename these BACK to their original names when you want to use Cydia or install something:

/Applications/Cydia.app rename to /Applications/SomeOtherName
/private/var/lib/apt rename to /private/var/lib/SomeOtherName

This is it! Log in to Optimum - everything is working now!
Current Optimum software version 2.0.1
Ok, I most be doing something wrong here, I got it to work for the iPhone as well, but i'm still having trouble with the ipad 2. Think you can help?

Play

Sep 20, 2011
Another elegant solution for iPad: if you don't want to re-name Cydia folders... Install DEB file as I describe above.

After go to the location

/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/Optimum.plist

Open this file for editing and replace CVCrDVR with Optimum .

Save file. This is it! iPad will work now with Optimum.
I see 2 lines, one for optimum, and the another for CVCrDVR,

What should i do ?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I agree. And I believe it's the first time an app has been disabled due to jailbreaking. Skype is still fully functional; it just has a warning the first time you log in on a jailbroken device.

Jiminy323

Sep 23, 2011
I just installed the deb and changed file to optimum and still doesn't work iPhone 4 .2.6 verizon

drg0nz0

Sep 23, 2011
I agree. And I believe it's the first time an app has been disabled due to jailbreaking. Skype is still fully functional; it just has a warning the first time you log in on a jailbroken device.
There are some cisco products that have blocked jailbroken iPhones, as well as iBooks ofcourse.