seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Taken from iClarified.

--------------------------------

Wednesday, 1st July 2009, 05:07 pm
A new version of Facebook for iPhone OS 3.0 is coming very soon with 15 major improvements including Events, according to developer Joe Hewitt.

The update is about 98% done and upon completion will be submitted to Apple for approval.

So Whats New in This Update?
1. The "new" News Feed
2. Like
3. Events (including the ability to RSVP)
4. Notes
5. Pages
6. Create new photo albums
7. Upload photos to any album
8. Zoom into photos
9. Easier photo tagging
10. Profile Pictures albums
11. A new home screen for easy access to all your stuff, search, and notifications
12. Add your favorite profiles and pages to the home screen
13. Better Notifications (they link to the comments so you can reply)
14. Quickly call or text people right from the Friends page
15. Messages you are typing will be restored if you quit or are interrupted by a phone call

Push notifications are in development but won't make it into the 3.0 release. You can expect it in version 3.1

Facebook note

bredfan

Bronze
Dec 15, 2007
Not being able to see or respond to events was always my biggest gripe with the current iPhone FB setup. Also, linking to the comments for replies is nice too.

Sounds good, hopefully when they roll it out it won't slow my backups to a crawl like it used to.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
one thing i wish the myspace app would let me do it upload pics to any album, but i don't use facebook...maybe myspace should take some notes lol

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
one thing i wish the myspace app would let me do it upload pics to any album, but i don't use facebook...maybe myspace should take some notes lol
You should...facebook is a million--no a billion times better than myspace. You can be friends with your real life friends on it, its amazing.

EDIT: heres a picture btw

Last edited by a moderator:

SabaUnited

Bronze
Feb 5, 2008
Bucks County, PA
The new version of Facebook for iPhone will support video uploads in addition to 15 other new features.

Developer Joe Hewitt announced tweeted that the feature wasn't expected to make it into 3.0 but it was very easy to code.

Only took a few minutes to add 3GS video uploading support to the Facebook app... making it usable will take more time.

3GS video uploading for the Facebook iPhone app is a go -- didn't plan to include it in the 3.0 update, but it was really easy to code.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I just got this error today. Hopefully the new update will fix this.

This is making the mobile version seem like a godsend. :mad:

sim

Aug 19, 2008
Rochester, MN

I get errors like that occasionally trying to add comments to other people's wall posts. Usually while I'm on Edge service at work. Frustrating!

Steve

kycophpd

Bronze
I read on twitter that they are expecting to send the new version to Apple "in about a week" That was posted on July 8th. He said it may be a few weeks after that for Apple to approve the updated app. The newest thing he added was 'memory' to the app so if you are posting a photo and some text and in the middle of composing it before being sent to the server, you get a phone call, when you go back everythning you did before the phone call will be there.

AkRotts

Bronze
Feb 11, 2009
Chugiak, AK
I have been getting the same message since Saturday. I even deleted my facebook ap then re-added it hoping it would help. Nothing has worked. :mad: