Now my tethering disappered completely?

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
Carrier is still unchanged AT&T 5.0. I haven't changed anything or even hooked it uo to a computer so wtf? Anyone else with this issue
but tethering

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
This same thing just happened to me. My power went out and I went to use the tethering and it was gone. On further inspection I also noticed that the MMS option was also missing. I am still running the same ipcc that I was before on Beta 5 and it was even working on GM release. The iPhone hadn't been plugged in, for several days and I didn't even have iTunes running. It was the strangest thing.

hitrho5

Bronze
Jun 26, 2008
Florida
MMS will not be supported until later this summer and tethering is not currently supported by AT&T.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
MMS will not be supported until later this summer and tethering is not currently supported by AT&T.

yes I know and I am waiting patiently, but I had MMS and Tethering from when it was working in the Beta Version and then out of the blue, it went away.

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
nope, still have mine. but i even had it when i updated to the GM and had the stock carrier file put on..... i don't know why, no one else i talked to did.....

edit: went to test if it still worked, turned it on, it connected then all of a sudden disconnected and disappeared WTF!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
It's probably a carrier message from AT&T that triggers something in the OS to "hide" those features for now.