Obligatory iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Negative Features Thread

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
wow, the geometry on the 6+ is really bad. it feels much bigger than any other similarly sized phone. Apple needs to; shrink the bezel, go with a wider ratio or lose the button, in this class.

on the other hand the 6 feels very nice all-around. was always a fan of the rounded edges as I never put a box on my phones.

Sent from my Oneplus One

Last edited:

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
wow, the geometry on the 6+ is really bad. it feels much bigger than any other similarly sized phone. Apple needs to; shrink the bezel, go with a wider ratio or lose the button, in this class.

on the other hand the 6 feels very nice all-around. was always a fan of the rounded edges as I never put a box on my phones.

Sent from my Oneplus One
On the other hand, I have no problem with the geometry of the Plus. It feels good in the hand and will suit my needs.

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
What an idiot having it in your pocket driving then again while sitting at a dinner table, when I drive its door pocket in a case and when I go out to dinner its on the table in its case.
And I agree do the same thing with a 5s and see what happens. Crazy

Reactions: missygal

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
What an idiot having it in your pocket driving then again while sitting at a dinner table, when I drive its door pocket in a case and when I go out to dinner its on the table in its case.
And I agree do the same thing with a 5s and see what happens. Crazy
If you carry your phone in your front pocket you should be able to sit down or do anything else without taking it out. Some people have carried it in their back pocket & sit down & do whatever making it far easier to bend.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I replaced a screen on a 5s and had to bend the phone straight. This girl routinely sat on her phone which was on her back pocket of a rather large boottie lmao. I can see the 6 plus being easier to bend due to its size.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I'm a huge fan of the thin and slimmer design that is with every iPhone since its inception. I also think it was a smart move to relocate the sleep/lock button to the side.

Reactions: Europa

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Don't know if I'm a fan of the side button yet, I liked it where it was before especially for screenshots. Time will tell, maybe I just need to get used to it.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Don't know if I'm a fan of the side button yet, I liked it where it was before especially for screenshots. Time will tell, maybe I just need to get used to it.
This is a much better location on a device this size. It just takes some getting used to. Once you have it down, it will make sense.

Reactions: silvermoon