offer steve jobs your thanks

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
I can't believe some of you are actually thanking Apple for this. Let's bear some things in mind here, shall we?

1) If they had been sincere why wasn't the $100 credit announced at the same time as the price cut?
2) It's not $100 back, it's $100 Apple Store credit which means that unless you have other Apple products or you can use it on iTunes you can just about afford a new Shuffle or some accessories for the same product another guy just paid $200 less for.

Wake up and smell the coffee, people. Don't thank someone who has done you wrong or they'll just do it to you again.

H

hax

I can't believe some of you are actually thanking Apple for this. Let's bear some things in mind here, shall we?

1) If they had been sincere why wasn't the $100 credit announced at the same time as the price cut?
2) It's not $100 back, it's $100 Apple Store credit which means that unless you have other Apple products or you can use it on iTunes you can just about afford a new Shuffle or some accessories for the same product another guy just paid $200 less for.

Wake up and smell the coffee, people. Don't thank someone who has done you wrong or they'll just do it to you again.

Amen! Stand up and be heard.

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
False analogy. This is akin to the restaurant cutting its prices by 33% ten minutes after you paid your bill then offering you a free starter next time you want to eat there.

Which, frankly, would be never.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
False analogy. This is akin to the restaurant cutting its prices by 33% ten minutes after you paid your bill then offering you a free starter next time you want to eat there.

Which, frankly, would be never.
Your analogy is much worse than mine :) Mine is general enough such that details about restaurant price reduction (when is ever that an issue) are not surfaced. The point my analogy is making is dissatisfaction with company behavior followed by lack of acknowledgment of the bad behavior and giving you more of the same to try to make you happy.

H

hax

Free salad on the house lol.

I'd tell that manager to stuff it.

Same with Apple, trying to make more money by encouraging more spending.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
[This was deleted by accident. Reposting]

Suppose you go to to an expensive restaurant and get offended by the behavior of the staff and ask to see the manager to complain. When the manager comes, he tells you that there was nothing wrong with the behavior of the staff, and that he stands by it, but he apologizes for disappointing you. He then offers you to come back for a free salad on the house. Would feel be happy with the situation? Would you feel that he deserves to be thanked?

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Why should I thank him for an opportunity to spend more money on his products or his overpriced retailers products that he will gain from? This is merely his way to stop the Apple revolt.

H

hax

[This was deleted by accident. Reposting]

Suppose you go to to an expensive restaurant and get offended by the behavior of the staff and ask to see the manager to complain. When the manager comes, he tells you that there was nothing wrong with the behavior of the staff, and that he stands by it, but he apologizes for disappointing you. He then offers you to come back for a free salad on the house. Would feel be happy with the situation? Would you feel that he deserves to be thanked?

Heck no. It's just a ploy to get you to come back to the restaurant to spend more money.

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Your analogy is much worse than mine :) Mine is general enough such that details about restaurant price reduction (when is ever that an issue) are not surfaced. The point my analogy is making is dissatisfaction with company behavior followed by lack of acknowledgment of the bad behavior and giving you more of the same to try to make you happy.
Except cutting prices isn't bad behaviour. The staff haven't been rude here, the product has been discounted. Your analogy is thereforee false.

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Except cutting prices isn't bad behaviour. The staff haven't been rude here, the product has been discounted. Your analogy is thereforee false.
I don't think you understand analogies. It's called an analogy, not an identical situation.

Company 1 offends customer by its behavior, customer complains, customer is told the situation is normal, but they're sorry he/she is offended. Customer is given a small discount towards further businesss with the company.

The offensive behavior is blatant, calculated preying on early adopters in an unprecedented fashion. Why do you think the 4GB model was offered? Companies create products to fill market need. How did the market need for a 4GB model disappear in 2 months? The answer is that the 4GB model was ONLY there to catch those who can not stomach paying $600 for the iPhone and cause them to pay $500 for a model that the company knows is not worth selling. All this is offensive.

mimichauchau

Aug 9, 2007
exactly! theres no need to thank him. honestly the iPhone is a GREAT product that is why i would fish out 500 for it for a phone and ended up getting jipp'd. why would they decide to lower down the phone value after 2 MONTHS?! how is that reasonable? you just devalued the item and had just made me lost 200 bucks. i don't care if they come out with other ipods blah blah. but its ridiculous that they dropped the price like that. that just mean a lot of us just got robbbed! maybe some of you don't care cause u can afford to loose that money but i worked my ass off for that money, and i got the 4 gb where i couldve gota 8 gb today. i got it in the beginning of august. UGH i am so mad, mad enough to cry. so theyre just doing the responsible thing by issuing us a 100 rebate. but u know what? i didn't get my a 100 yet so STILLL not sastisfied

Sleeper

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
I don't think you understand analogies.
I do. Yours just isn't really relevant because you're linking the scenario to customer service when in fact the issue is price. It has nothing to do with offensive behaviour because future customers get the same service.

In other words, people are pissed off because the steak is $10 cheaper not because the waiter called them fat.

But hey ho. It's all semantics at the end of the day.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Deere Steev,,

You don't know me and I don't know you, but one thing is certain, you took my money and now I want it back.

Pleas give me some, you have a lot I'm sure. Right? Okay, anyway, did you see the last episode of Flight of the Conchords? I love their musics, its like not cool but cool, sorta like you Steve. You are not cool, but cool, even if your shirt doesn't have buttons. I know where you get that idea from too, the beatles didn't have collars on their shirts so you switched it around to buttons and called it your own. Clever, just like turning Xerox's mouse and visual GUI into your own, again clever.

So anyway I think my cat isn't sick anymore, he only poops once a day now which is much better on my nose. My pancakes are dun, time to go jogging.

bai!

PS- Why don't you have flight of the choncords on iTunes? Is it because the one guy wears glasses? Or is it because you don't like the New Zealand people? They buy Apples but I think theyre called something else there like bizarro world or something, like how potatoes are called Apples-of-the-earth in french. The french don't like iTunes btw.