Official Acura Bluetooth and iPhone compatibility discussion

JohnDaly

Aug 1, 2010
iPhone4 and 2006 Acura

I am glad you made yours work but I still have not. I have done everything mentioned in the thread. I even sat in the car with a land line talking to Apple support while trying to pair the new phone. Even doing a "Network Reset" did not work.

I have tried it 4 times on my own and now 3 times with Apple Support and nothing has worked.

So, does anyone else have an idea?

John24:(

cj2282

Oct 17, 2012
I am trying to listen to the downloaded audiobooks I have on my iPad in my 2005 Acura RL through my bluetooth connection. I was able to pair these devices fine but when I listen to the books, the sound only plays out of my iPad and not through my car audio system like I would like. I checked these same audiobooks through another bluetooth device and it played fine, so I don't think it is a problem with my iPad.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

causefx

Jul 5, 2007
I am trying to listen to the downloaded audiobooks I have on my iPad in my 2005 Acura RL through my bluetooth connection. I was able to pair these devices fine but when I listen to the books, the sound only plays out of my iPad and not through my car audio system like I would like. I checked these same audiobooks through another bluetooth device and it played fine, so I don't think it is a problem with my iPad.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
unfortunately the RL doesn't have Stereo bluetooth so you may not listen to your books that way. The bluetooth in your car is for phone only. You can plug it in the aux port.

cj2282

Oct 17, 2012
Thank you very much for the reply. I am wondering if I downloaded an audiobook to my iPhone 5, would I be able to connect via bluetooth and have it play through my stereo in my Acura RL? If not, what is the best hardwired connection to allow my iPad to play my audiobooks in my RL? Thanks again for all the help.