Official Apple iPhone 5 Launch Event

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
Looks like they put more effort into changing the free earbuds than changing the $500 phone they come with.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Looks like they put more effort into changing the free earbuds than changing the $500 phone they come with.
Yes, because it's so simple and straightforward to put a bigger screen and a bigger battery and LTE inside a device that's thinner and lighter and not much taller. I suppose you've released a better phone?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I am so happy. I am glad it comes with those Earpods. I would love to try them out for free! I will carry them with me as my backup pair. Always have a backup.

I am happy with the changes. I am happy with the look. I will be thrilled to get this order in on Friday, Midnight or whenever I can get through. I will be waiting with baited breath next week for the delivery day 21st to hurry up!

It would have been nice if they waited a year after the release of the iPhone 4S, but since they didn't I'm gonna go with it. Hope for a year to pass before their release next year. Or not! We have no control over that.

All in all I'm happy to be getting a new iPhone! The last major project Steve Jobs worked on. Thank you Steve! :love:

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
HTC and Samsung already at work banning the iPhone 5 for using LTE. I'd post the link but not sure I can. Apple does have over 400 patents using LTE but if one of those patents are Sammy's or HTC's this can mean trouble for Apple.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
I am definitely gonna wait a bit, they usually change my date every year. Hoping thats the case this year. But like someone mentioned it hasn't been a year since 4S so I might have to wait a month or 2
Just talked to AT&T. Last year they determined an early upgrade based on how much you monthly payment was and how long you have been with the company.
This year it was changed. No matter what you have to wait 20 months. No exceptions.
I can save ~$60 by switching to Verizon. hmmm.

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
Yes, because it's so simple and straightforward to put a bigger screen and a bigger battery and LTE inside a device that's thinner and lighter and not much taller. I suppose you've released a better phone?
I don't understand the need to get so defensive about it. Did YOU create this phone? Am I somehow insulting you personally? No. I don't see the need for you to get personal in defending it, either.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Just talked to AT&T. Last year they determined an early upgrade based on how much you monthly payment was and how long you have been with the company.
This year it was changed. No matter what you have to wait 20 months. No exceptions.
Will they take cash or it has to be a credit card?

Syamil

Bronze
Jan 31, 2011
Singapore
Well, it was disappointing. I expected better of the iPhone 5. But the iPod touch seems very tempting! :) I just hope that they won't replace the iPod Classic.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
HTC and Samsung already at work banning the iPhone 5 for using LTE. I'd post the link but not sure I can. Apple does have over 400 patents using LTE but if one of those patents are Sammy's or HTC's this can mean trouble for Apple.
The New iPad has LTE. Why didn't Samsung or HTC file already?

hot_mamma311

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Chicago
SERIOUSLY! ugh they are losing money doing that, I mean people are willing to resign the stupid contract