Official iOS 4.2 Beta Discussion

Edge1978

Bronze
Feb 7, 2009
I don't come across anything on my iPhone that I feel the need to print, so I may just sit this one out LOL

ScottS68

Sep 14, 2010
If anyone does try it please post up what they broke on this beta.
If it's solid i'd like to try it out, but if it's like the beta to 4 I'll wait.

Beemer

Bronze
Jan 24, 2010
Calgary AB, Scottsdale, AZ
First attempt didn't go well. Got an unknown error and the phone didn't install? I had this before and I am wondering if I need to install this from the MAC? I am trying on the PC by extracting the IPSW and restoring. Anyone been successful with a PC?

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
I installed it on my Ipad....installed with no problems and is working great! Only issue i had was with the combined mailboxes....when it was refreshing it would crash the app...i deleted 1 of the accounts and re-added it and it works great....looks good so far for the Ipad!

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
First attempt didn't go well. Got an unknown error and the phone didn't install? I had this before and I am wondering if I need to install this from the MAC? I am trying on the PC by extracting the IPSW and restoring. Anyone been successful with a PC?
I was successful with and Ipad on a PC.

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
It's great that they're adding things to our iPhones, but I would much rather see them fix their existing problems...with that said, I've got a HP Photosmart C7280, so wireless printing sounds very nice!