Official iPad mini Camping Thread

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Wow, great sale prices! I agree that the next line will probably be in a year.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
In front of Apple Store. I'm inside, with heat. Best non-camp out, camp out. There is even a Starbucks in sight.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I was first here too. There's still only 4 of us coming up for 6AM now. Nice for getting in and out quick. Not so nice for Apple maybe.
Find it odd. Maybe it doesn't appeal to those who are crazy enough to get up early and wait, but will still have wide customer appeal. The spec drop could have existing iPad owners at home. For them, smaller and thinner is not enough and for some a downgrade.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Find it odd. Maybe it doesn't appeal to those who are crazy enough to get up early and wait, but will still have wide customer appeal. The spec drop could have existing iPad owners at home. For them, smaller and thinner is not enough and for some a downgrade.
For me it's the lack of a retina display that kept me from buying. Once you go retina it's hard to go back. I liken it to HDTV -v- SDTV.

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I stopped by the Apple Store on my lunch break just to check out the mini. I'm getting one delivered but I wanted to make sure that I liked it enough to keep. It is pretty awesome. The non-retina display isn't nearly as noticeable as I thought it would be.
Also they had every model in stock except for the white 16Gb mini at 12:30pm. So I definitely think that people are shying away from it.

Pac73

Bronze
Sep 13, 2012
I went to best buy at 7:30 no line, maybe 15 people showed up by 8. They had a pallet full of the new iPad only 25 of the iPad mini's and no white. I was able to buy me one. And walk to the back of the line and score my wife one.

jdhermit

Nov 2, 2012
Hi. First post... ;)
Just went at noon to get one for my 9 year old for Christmas, and while there were a lot of folks in the store, didn't have any problem getting 16GB Black one.
(AND this is a store in an area where there's TONS of $ and people to buy these. This store has got to be on the high end in terms of how much businesss they do.)
Now, I just have to convince myself to NOT open it until I give it to him for Christmas! Ack...:mad:

J

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Hi. First post... ;)
Just went at noon to get one for my 9 year old for Christmas, and while there were a lot of folks in the store, didn't have any problem getting 16GB Black one.
(AND this is a store in an area where there's TONS of $ and people to buy these. This store has got to be on the high end in terms of how much businesss they do.)
Now, I just have to convince myself to NOT open it until I give it to him for Christmas! Ack...:mad:

J
Welcome to the forums! :) :)

Open it, play with it in hiding, then reset and wrap on the 24th! :-p

jdhermit

Nov 2, 2012
thanks for the welcome! :)
Yeah, I just felt bad because my coworkers gave me crap for opening it up already. :rolleyes:
Well, with 7 iDevices in the house, I guess I know how it works.
But I *need* to make sure it works properly, before giving it to him, don't I? ;)

JD

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Of course it's your responsibility to check it out and make sure it's operational. Just think of how disappointed he would be if it didn't work and you could have remedied that. Lol Welcome to the forum. ;)