Official iPhone 5 Shipped & Tracking Thread

SunnySweet

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 23, 2010
Upstate NY
I am with you Rafagon! I am waiting so I can delight in all of the new goodness and fun at once! I will eventually upgrade to 6 on my 4S for hubby (he so sweetly gave me his upgrade and will wait for his iPhone 5 until my upgrade in May)

Reactions: Rafagon

RyansTitan05

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 21, 2008
While we all wait semi-patiently for our new handsets, anyone looking forward to upgrading to iOS 6 tomorrow?

Myself, I won't be upgrading immediately. I want to save the iOS 6 experience for 9/21 and the new iPhone.
Sold my 4s and rocking the 3GS so instead of slowing my phone down, I will more then likey wait for os6 till I get my 5 in my hand!

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
You're right! I just checked on UPS by referencing my phone number and it got to Louisville five hours ago.
That is great to hear. I was very excited last night to see it on UPS tracking now. Question is, why is Apple website not updating it to shipped yet for anybody? Hmm! Maybe just slow website/updating?

imotionb18

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
Houston, Tx
Order mine 10 min after launch and mine still says preparing for shipment. Hope it changes soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
That is great to hear. I was very excited last night to see it on UPS tracking now. Question is, why is Apple website not updating it to shipped yet for anybody? Hmm! Maybe just slow website/updating?
Yeah, it looks like it. I'm glad to finally have a tracking number. Thanks!

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
hey I don't think you'll be the last one... but make sure the bridge has enough space for me with jumping with ya
haha.. There's space, and all bridges around here are like 5 feet high.

Europa yup, reference, cell phone number, with a 1 without the 1, no spaces, with spaces, nada. FedEx, ups, DHL, enterprise car rental, USPS EVERYTHING. What you think I've been doing all day, work? HA!

Reactions: Rafagon and Girdler

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
haha.. There's space, and all bridges around here are like 5 feet high.

Europa yup, reference, cell phone number, with a 1 without the 1, no spaces, with spaces, nada. FedEx, ups, DHL, enterprise car rental, USPS EVERYTHING. What you think I've been doing all day, work? HA!
You just need your 10-digit number with no spaces and no 1 under "Track by Reference." Then add United States and your zip code in the spaces below. Did you try that?

spif91

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
NE Oklahoma
yes that's not gonna happen, they don't let u pick up until first del attempt either :(

sadness

also the 1Z or last 4 of your tracking numb are associated with Apple orders
Every UPS pkg starts with 1Z....the last 4 digits has nothing to do with Apple products. The only thing that differs in a UPS tracking # are the middle 2 digits. 01 means it is next day delivery, 12 means 2 day and 03 means ground service. 42 means sig required delivery. You will not be able to pick it up on Fri morn at your local center for security reasons either. Apple is making the rules this time around not UPS......I've worked here for 29 years....

jnic429

Bronze
Jan 17, 2009
Someone has beaten us to the punch!

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/18/first-iphone-5-unboxing-photos-reveal-packaging-layout-and-earpods-travel-case/

Of note is the last paragraph on that post:

"The first round of pre-orders are already en route to their destinations, although Apple has arranged for carriers to hold deliveries until the official Friday launch. It is not unheard of, however, for a handful of deliveries to slip through early."

When I called again today...UPS told me that if I weren't going to be home in Friday I could Will Call the pkg and pick it up, but their system automatically adds a day and since my area doesn't have Saturday deliveries I couldn't pick up until Monday. However, I called the local distribution center and they are going to hold it for me to pick up Friday morning at 8 am when they open, on my way out of town....the main UPS Cust Svcs says you may make those arrangements with the local center. The woman I spoke to at the local center said she printed the tracking and they will put the pkg aside for pickup...I hope it doesn't get screwed up!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
You just need your 10-digit number with no spaces and no 1 under "Track by Reference." Then add United States and your zip code in the spaces below. Did you try that?
yeah. Nothing, it's ok I'm not too worried. Whaaaaa!

Kriss

Zealot
Silver
Jun 8, 2008
Cape Cod
voyager01.deviantart.com
Re: Apple store showing "preparing to ship". I have a theory about this. I think all our phones coming from China are actually in these huge freight containers, carrying most likely thousands of phones, in cases, on pallets. The fact that we're resoursefull enough to find our phones is one thing but I think that Apple, will wait until these shipments are received into inventory at THEIR warehouses and then will be "shipped" to their respective owners.

I think now they're just all getting conglomerated at a central distributing location before being re-distributed to the exact Apple locations to be shipped locally from. Sound about right?

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I got nothing.

Just ordered new iP5 for myself and my wife is getting her first one. Probably be 14-21 days they said. I ordered from AT&T at one of their stores like I usually do.

yes!

orange999

Sep 18, 2012
ednygma Europa You can also use your Apple Order Number without the last 2 digits for the "track by reference". You actually don't have to enter in your country or zip code.
I was not able to track with my phone number but i can see tracking information with my order number with out the last two digits but it is shipping to CA? is it really showing the tracking for my phone?

thanks in advance

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
orange999 CA as in Canada? Did you try entering the Country as well as your Zip Code with it? It may be a requirement for Non-US.