Official iPhone 5 Shipped & Tracking Thread

parmacrafter

Bronze
Mar 10, 2012
I was just now finally able to get a tracking number with the reference option. It appears mine is UPS as well. This is kinda weird since every other purchase I have made with Apple has come VIA FedEx. At this point all I really care about is that I have a tracking number.

parmacrafter

Bronze
Mar 10, 2012
Well, iOS 6 is officially out. So the ones of us who are updating before the iPhone 5 have something to distract us while we wait.
That is exactly what I am doing. I'm afraid that won't distract me long enough though. I only have 2 iPhone 4S and 1 iPad 3 to update. That isn't going to occupy more than maybe 2 hours of my time. I have roughly 55 hours to kill.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
That is exactly what I am doing. I'm afraid that won't distract me long enough though. I only have 2 iPhone 4S and 1 iPad 3 to update. That isn't going to occupy more than maybe 2 hours of my time. I have roughly 55 hours to kill.
Well, at the rate I'm going it may take about that long to download. A lot of people must be downloading the software, because it's taking quite some time.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I just found mine on UPS! Arrived yesterday in Louisville, KY...

ETA:

Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 09/21/2012, by 3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)

It did not work with my billing phone number (which I entered as my landline phone number).

It works only using the phone number of the actual line being upgraded.

Of course, now that I have the tracking number, I don't need to worry about phone numbers anymore.

Update: China is not mentioned at all in my tracking history. I originated in:

United States 09/17/2012 1:03 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Even though I ordered from Apple.com and not from AT&T.

Still "Preparing for Shipment" on Apple.com

iGal

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
SoCal
Mine must be in that scanning line in Louisville, too... tracking still says it departed Anchorage 9/18 at 12:58am.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Mine must be in that scanning line in Louisville, too... tracking still says it departed Anchorage 9/18 at 12:58am.
Same thing mine and imutter(I think) says. Shouldn't be much longer until we see an update on there.

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
MoneyMaker79 at least yours has "3:00 PM" on it. Mine just says 'by end of day', which is up to(and maybe after) 7 PM.
You know your UPS driver's usual delivery time best, but for me they come between 1PM-2PM, so even if they change from 10:30AM or 3:00PM, you most likely won't be waiting til that to receive it.

That being said, still hoping mine sticks to the 10:30am delivery, but as I said earlier, I'm almost certain it won't. If it doesn't, it shouldn't be much longer though cause my UPS driver is almost always on schedule.

chimpster23

Bronze
Sep 29, 2011
I hope ups isn't setting themselves up for failure by storing all these phones in the hub and then being drastically backlogged because they couldn't manage their logistics. It's great (well not so much for us) that they want to fulfill their sellers (Apple) request to hold of the delivery of the phones till Friday, but they should at least push the phones to local centers immediately and then store them in at least the state the product is to be delivered in. If this crap backfires I swear brown's gonna be doing a lot for me

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
You know your UPS driver's usual delivery time best, but for me they come between 1PM-2PM, so even if they change from 10:30AM or 3:00PM, you most likely won't be waiting til that to receive it.

That being said, still hoping mine sticks to the 10:30am delivery, but as I said earlier, I'm almost certain it won't. If it doesn't, it shouldn't be much longer though cause my UPS driver is almost always on schedule.
I'm never home when they deliver. I work through the week and off on the weekends. So I don't know exactly what time they deliver the package. One was delivered to me around 1 PM on Wednesday. So I'm guessing it'll be around then.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
arrrrghhh still NO updates from sprint.
With Apple on the phone right now. If your delivery date hasn't changed by now you will get your phone by the 21st guarenteed. Systems are slow to update, if you want a tracking number call and ask for it, I just got mine thanks to one of Apple representative double checking for me. Mine is in Kentucky.

Hot damn this was hard.

Reactions: Mommy and Europa

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
With Apple on the phone right now. If your delivery date hasn't changed by now you will get your phone by the 21st guarenteed. Systems are slow to update, if you want a tracking number call and ask for it, I just got mine thanks to one of Apple representative double checking for me. Mine is in Kentucky.

Hot damn this was hard.
At least you got the tracking information though. Now we don't have to worry about you jumping off a bridge or anything.

Reactions: Bennyboy

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida

Hot damn this was hard.
Were you still not able to track by reference on UPS.com? Mine has been sitting in KY for two days!

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
I'm never home when they deliver. I work through the week and off on the weekends. So I don't know exactly what time they deliver the package. One was delivered to me around 1 PM on Wednesday. So I'm guessing it'll be around then.
Ahh... I'm self employed, so I always end up assuming people have the same flexibility as I do with work hours...

Ironically, I was in an accident in June, and finally got my truck repairs fixed, but the impact ripped all the shelves out of the walls creating 1 inch holes where they were anchored down, so I'll be spending the next three days installing new shelving so I can have everything I need stocked in the truck on Monday... It just worked out that the iPhone is delivering the same week I'm doing that.

Huge mess for the past couple months, but it will be nice to finally have all my tools back in the truck.