Official iPhone OS 3.1 Discussion

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I downloaded 3.1 on my iPhone last night. Everything went smoothly but it sure took a long time to download. I think I spent 3 hours before everything was set up. My iPhone 3GS is working the same. I don't notice any differences.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
The vibrate thing was shortly lived in the early betas but I don't think it made it to the final release. I didn't have it on beta 3 which makes me believe they decided against it.

Hookem99

Bronze
Feb 12, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
Not sure if this topic is still up for discussion, but after I updated my wifes 3G, her key clicks are ALOT quieter than mine, which is still on 3.0 and JB'd. A very noticeable difference. I did not notice much, if any difference in the unlock click.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Isn't quieter key clicks a good thing? The damn clicks annoy the hell out of me on other peoples' iPhones :)

Bryman

Bronze
May 30, 2009
colorado
Not sure if this topic is still up for discussion, but after I updated my wifes 3G, her key clicks are ALOT quieter than mine, which is still on 3.0 and JB'd. A very noticeable difference. I did not notice much, if any difference in the unlock click.

several of us have the same problem

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I personally like the louder clicks. My wife however is glad they are quieter. To each their own.....
I'm sure it's just her. Everyone else near you probably enjoys listening to the loud key clicks. ;)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Just downloaded, been at work all night, I'm going to wait until the jailbreak comes out.

There seems to be a lot of people complaining about keyboard clicks.. I can't understand the problem there really F'ing annoying. I'm glad there messed up ;)

The genius mixes seems to be a good feature from what I've read.

I know I shouldn't have expected a lot of things from 3.1 but I'm still a little disappointed. I figured they could have added some smart little features...

I just hope the battery gets better on the 3G/3Gs

P.S I get my 3GS tomorrow, I'm so excited, 32gb's of space to use...

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
P.S I get my 3GS tomorrow, I'm so excited, 32gb's of space to use...
Congratulations. Mine is also a 32gb. For some reason I thought you already had a 3GS. Are you going with black or white? I know you will have lots of fun setting it up and trying everything out. I sure do love mine. I doubt I will use the new features on 3.1 that much. The 3.0 version is what mattered most to me.

crupp

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Atlanta
Has anyone noticed a substantial decrease in battery life. I was at 100% at 7am and at 1:15, battery totally drained. i have used the phone no more than usual; actually maybe less.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Congratulations. Mine is also a 32gb. For some reason I thought you already had a 3GS. Are you going with black or white? I know you will have lots of fun setting it up and trying everything out. I sure do love mine. I doubt I will use the new features on 3.1 that much. The 3.0 version is what mattered most to me.
You don't know how totally frustrating it's been listening to you guys rate the 3Gs, I've been far to jealous ;)

I did choose the white one, but my amazing service provider 'o2' decided they'd mess my order up. By the time i'd noticed that they'd done it, I was too late, I got the simple reply 'oh sorry, were out of stock'

So i'm pissed at them for this, but what can I do, I think these guys do it on purpose, just to piss us off because they can't afford/get one. I'm going to be over the moon with the 32gb of memory- I need it!

I'll start a thread and tell you of my adventures when I get the badboy!