Official iPhone Software Update 1.0.2 Discussion

slick__deals

Aug 22, 2007
Missing # of contact

I cannot see number of contacts now in Address Book. That was the only way I used to verify my yahoo and iPhone sync :oops:

drivefast

Aug 16, 2007
after 1.0.2 update, ibrickr installed and worked flawlessly. i previously had problems with winscp ("connection refused") but didn't insist too much - at that stage i was happy to get my phone back alive. all i can say is that 1.0.2 + ibrickr shock treatment preserved my phone calls and my safari histories. but i had no contacts in my phone book, no music in the ipod, no mods at all, so i cant tell about those.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
after 1.0.2 update, ibrickr installed and worked flawlessly. i previously had problems with winscp ("connection refused") but didn't insist too much - at that stage i was happy to get my phone back alive. all i can say is that 1.0.2 + ibrickr shock treatment preserved my phone calls and my safari histories. but i had no contacts in my phone book, no music in the ipod, no mods at all, so i cant tell about those.

Yes, we all know what we have'nt gained, what we have lost and sometimes regained...but, please, WHAT have we really gained that we can rejoice about?

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
So is it safe to re-mod the iPhone with custom ringtones & system sounds with jailbreak? I have a PC running Windows Vista.

karllf

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
So is it safe to re-mod the iPhone with custom ringtones & system sounds with jailbreak? I have a PC running Windows Vista.
i had to do a restore and lost all my mods but i just put jailbreak back on and put all my mods back and all is working :laugh2: i have a laptop with vista

iBrad

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
hmmm

So far, Ive seen one visual change. While viewing an email. If you look to the top right of the screen, you will see an up and down arrow, so you can see each email without going to the previous screen. I think its new atleast? I don't remember that being there.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
i restored and updated , re-modded and running 100% now . haven't noticed 1 change or update at all lol....

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
So far, Ive seen one visual change. While viewing an email. If you look to the top right of the screen, you will see an up and down arrow, so you can see each email without going to the previous screen. I think its new atleast? I don't remember that being there.
that's been there since day one.

Beau

Jul 31, 2007
hmm... The ability for the iPhone to auto connect to my Linksys router was really shaky. I pretty much always had to manually reestablish connectivity after waking the phone, turning wifi back on, or coming back into range.

Now nothing I do seems to shake the connection, it reconnects automatically with ease.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I think I'm gonna pass on this update guys. I just modded for the first time last night and it took me hours to figure out. I'm really not in the mood to lose all my hacks to another one of Apple's famous worthless "updates".

rondz

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Bay Area
I think I'm gonna pass on this update guys. I just modded for the first time last night and it took me hours to figure out. I'm really not in the mood to lose all my hacks to another one of Apple's famous worthless "updates".
Good idea if you don't mind the minor bugs. Mine was running solidly on 1.01 but I decided to update off impulse. I lost all my hacks, now I gotta redo them, damnit!

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
hmm... The ability for the iPhone to auto connect to my Linksys router was really shaky. I pretty much always had to manually reestablish connectivity after waking the phone, turning wifi back on, or coming back into range.

Now nothing I do seems to shake the connection, it reconnects automatically with ease.
I think I'm seeing something similar. WiFi seems to be much more reliable. But maybe it's just because the iPhone was just completely reset and updated and now it feels better. :laugh2:

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
While some may be disappointed that there are only bug fixes with these first two updates (I feel that way a little), I think it's great Apple has delivered two updates and the iPhone hasn't been out for two months yet.

BIGTIMEBALLER504

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
While some may be disappointed that there are only bug fixes with these first two updates (I feel that way a little), I think it's great Apple has delivered two updates and the iPhone hasn't been out for two months yet.

Uhm the first updwte wwas for security which did nothing and the second one didn't do much either