Official iPhone Software Update 1.01 Discussion

vansouza

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.usheroes.us
Nope

How inconvenient is this patch? I tried to update my iPhone but as soon as the update started my phone disconnected from iTunes. Tried again, and again...same thing and would receive an error "iPhone could not be updated. An unknown error occurred(0xE8000013)." :(

I had to restore my iPhone...but wait! It went through the "erase" portion of my restore and then gave me an error that my iPhone timed out (after 5 minutes of restoring process) and that "iTunes could not connect to iPhone because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000025)" . :mad:

So...there I went again, starting the restore all over again. After another 3 minutes it brought me to where I could restore my backup from my previous settings, which went smoothly, THANK GOODNESS! The patch update worked after all of this.

iPhone is ridiculously inconvenient for the money. I haven't tested out the email deletion process since the update...I better be able to erase multiple emails after all of this hassle! I will be testing it later today.:sick:
Sorry but no multiple deletes... but welcome to the forum. :cool:

Kipper

Bronze
Just connected to iTunes last nite for the 1st time in several weeks. I had to restore and all the mods were gone. No biggie. I spend the better half of today putting it all back. Not as bad as doing it the first time cause most of the stuff u need is already there. Contacts were still there and I just needed to enter in my pw for my verizon email acct. So far so good.