Official iPhone Software Update 1.01 Discussion

cfarag

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Battery lost charge after update

So I had about 30% battery before the restore. After it was applied and restarted I had about 15-20%. Seems weird. I'm charging now so I'll see how this affects overall battery strength if at all. Maybe they fixed the battery bug that filled so many forums

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Actually... Unfortunately I don't own a Mac, and running Windows Vista Ultimate... I now have access to the pictures on the iPhone under My computer (as if it was a drive ), just like a Ipod.. but cant add anything, only pull from :( the iPhone... Thats something I couldnt do before..

cmoney

Jul 27, 2007
Ack, had to restore and update. In the process I lost my notes and text messages. I thought it was supposed to restore those also? Damn you Apple for not syncing notes or letting us forward or archive text messages.

mogz

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
SF
Ack, had to restore and update. In the process I lost my notes and text messages. I thought it was supposed to restore those also? Damn you Apple for not syncing notes or letting us forward or archive text messages.
Lost my notes as well, but sms are still there...

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
First bad news...

Safari still crashes. It took more surfing to make it happen than usual but it still happened. I was listening to music in the background and the music didn't stop playing...so I guess that's good - although that rarely happened.

I hope in some way, my Safari crash was due to a unique condition that they didn't test yet because if it keeps crashing in the next few days, I may have to switch back to my BB Pearl until the next release.

I was so excited and now...not so much.:(:(:mad:

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
great i lost everything its like i just unboxed the phone even after syncing.
You crazy kids need to sync/backup your phones. I've restored twice and still have everything, including notes.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
ive restored multiple times and sync every day , ive always been able to sync the phone and get everything back like i never restored it . not this time.

RJ1

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Celebration FL
how do you check if it already installed the update. I clicked on Download and update button and left my phone for about 30 mins so im not sure if the update is already on my phone.

cmoney

Jul 27, 2007
You crazy kids need to sync/backup your phones. I've restored twice and still have everything, including notes.
Question. Do you also have usage times like call timer restored?

I know iTunes stores a backup in a compressed SQLite database in your Application Support directory (in OS X) but unfortunately it only stores the last sync. I'm guessing (in my case at least) it did an interim sync which created a backup file with nothing in there and then restored that. Just a guess anyway.

Once Time Machine is here, we should be able to automagically restore previous versions of iPhone backups, but until then, I guess I'll have to back that stuff up on my own.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
it will say software version 1.01 on the iPhones summary page...

so my iPhones bricked. i clicked on update , said i needed to restore the phone and it put its self in restore mode and i clicked restore . it downloaded the files and started restoring then said iPhone could not be restored. done this 10 times now......

cmoney

Jul 27, 2007
Re: backup stuff. I stand corrected, it looks like it keeps multiple copies of the files in there. Just did a sync and it created new files with new timestamps. So it looks like somewhere in the restore/update process, iTunes wiped that directory clean and I lost everything. Luckily it wasn't much, but it shouldn't be hard to setup an auto-replicate script now.

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Re: backup stuff. I stand corrected, it looks like it keeps multiple copies of the files in there. Just did a sync and it created new files with new timestamps. So it looks like somewhere in the restore/update process, iTunes wiped that directory clean and I lost everything. Luckily it wasn't much, but it shouldn't be hard to setup an auto-replicate script now.
where did you find this multiple copies of the stuff ?