Official iPhone Software Update 1.01 Discussion

FAsnakes

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
it will say software version 1.01 on the iPhones summary page...

so my iPhones bricked. i clicked on update , said i needed to restore the phone and it put its self in restore mode and i clicked restore . it downloaded the files and started restoring then said iPhone could not be restored. done this 10 times now......
sucks.......

tupacinla

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
lol Apple probably got tired of people complaining about when an update will be coming so they laid this on people with a update for "bug fixes"

hope everyone's satisfied. lol.

cmoney

Jul 27, 2007
where did you find this multiple copies of the stuff ?
If you have OS X, it'll be in '~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/long random string'.

I've got files time stamped from the first sync that happened after my restore/update and files from my last sync. I haven't confirmed what the files from the original sync include, so for all I know it only keeps one copy of the notes.db file. There's a perl file that'll clean everything up for you so you can open them in SQLite. Google for unravel.perl if interested.

BTW, iFuntastic works fine still.

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
What bugs are they referring to when they have made bug fixes? I've been 100% satisfied with my phone thus far!
iam guessing the safari crashing while surfing and such. also they fixed the security flaws that were revealed early last week.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
A company found a way to hack into an iPhone over wifi, the article is posted somewhere on the site, i forget where. Anyways, they gave Apple until Tuesday (today) to update the firmware with the necccessary security fixes to prevent this or they threatened to release their hack to the public. I'm pretty sure this is what this is about.

DRabbit

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Interestingly enough, I also had a battery indicator change after the update.

I docked the iPhone in the USB Dock. Synced. My battery was showing about 30-40% charged and green.

I then "checked for updates" and did the download and install. All-in-all it took about 5 minutes.

When it was done, it rebooted and now my battery indicator shows MUCH lower, and red, and I got the "less than 20%" warning.

I'm wondering if they fixed some of the battery bugs...

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
Thank you god.. I clicked update before reading half of your horror stories.. Well, my emails/pics/settings/text's/contacts , basically EVERYTHING is still on the phone after the reboot of the phone, happy as can be!

EDIT: Is it me or is this phone flying now with email deletion and apps?!

ATT*Mark

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Brandon! said:
Had to restore (I tried using jailbreak to bust me out of the "connect to iTunes" screen, but it didn't work -- got a funny message about Paris Hilton though :D).

Wish me luck... I hope I don't lose all of my contacts ...AGAIN

--------
UPDATE:

Any ideas? I'm scared! :(
exactly what happened to me , i restarted my computer and retried and it went through.

my yahoo push is not instant as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandon!

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
exactly what happened to me , i restarted my computer and retried and it went through.

my yahoo push is not instant as well.
You're the man! I don't know why I didn't do that right away -- probably because I thought I wouldn't have to with Apple software, but it worked!

If anyone else is having this problem, just reboot and let iTunes try again! :laugh2:

LESLIEx317537

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I knew a iPhone update would be issued while my phone is sent in for repair.
(Touchscreen section stopped working)

Figures...

When it rains it pours.

Spin This!

Silver
May 4, 2007
A company found a way to hack into an iPhone over wifi
Not true... nobody "hacked" per se into the iPhone via wifi—a user must be on a webpage controlled by an attacker to get the exploit code.

they gave Apple until Tuesday (today) to update the firmware with the necccessary security fixes to prevent this or they threatened to release their hack to the public.
Actually, their research is going to be made public August 2 (Thursday) at the BlackHat conference in Vegas.

jordan

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Oklahoma
updated mine, i kept everything i had previously (pics, sms, notes.. etc.) even the ringtones i got from iPhoneringtonemaker

vansouza

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Las Vegas, NV USA
www.usheroes.us
It is not frozen...

Dang mine has frozen midway also at the firmware update:(
It hangs out at about 50% ... Look at the iPhone it is doing a software verify... it seems to take forever but is really about 3 min...

Installed fine for me and no issues... some are reporting louder volume but this seems to be a security fix.

An Apple VP said today that a real update is on the way soon.