Official iPhone Software Update 1.1.3 Discussion

Dragoro

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
Someone please refresh my memory...

I'm at work, but I sync my iPhone to my home computer. Since I have iTunes on my work computer, can I still do the update and not risk losing my data?

I didn't lose any of my music even though I don't have that music in iTunes on this comp. You wont lose your data.

Johny5

Bronze
Aug 4, 2007
St. Louis, Mo
Yahoo push blowin my phone up!

Ha, ever since I posted on this thread my phone has been steadily spouting out the new mail sound. May have to unsubscribe from this one as it is very early and far from done, i'm sure..:mad:

J5

Z71Card05

Jan 6, 2008
I gotta say that the new lyrics feature is pretty cool. It kinda sucks though having to enter them for every song in your library

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
my google locater was off, huge circle and i wasn't in it. granted i'm in the middle of nowhere at the moment so i'm sure there aren't many towers to trianglate with.
I'm in the same position -- out in the middle of nowhere. I watched the video on the Apple site and you are exactly right -- the more information it has the better the location. It is a cool feature as are the hybrid maps.

JewelDiamond

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
So is anyone with a jailbroken iPhone updating now, despite the fact that 1.1.3 isn't cracked yet?

I can't decide if I want to wait for a 1.1.3 prep - (like that oktoprep for 1.1.2) or if I want to update now and take my chances.... hmm...

I know I'm waiting till something comes out to prep it. No way i could go back to factory. lol

BD997

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Boston, MA
I have the latest iTunes 7.6 but why can't I update? when I hit "check for updates" it says "iPhone software updater could not be contacted".... help!

pprling

Jan 15, 2008
finally got connected to the server and started the update to 1.13. phone is going through the process. hope everything works out fine.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
that annoying safari bug that would lose the page you were on if you opened new window is gone! I think, at least.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
that annoying safari bug that would lose the page you were on if you opened new window is gone! I think, at least.
Damn you beat me! And that was the first thing I checked, too...

... very cool...

Link management is also more consistent in its interface (send to bookmarks, homescreen, and mail all from the same place)

xmarkzdasp0t

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
when you receive a SMS message while your using your iPhone, the "view" option is now replaced by "reply"

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Damn you beat me! And that was the first thing I checked, too...

... very cool...

Link management is also more consistent in its interface (send to bookmarks, homescreen, and mail all from the same place)
I win! :)

But I have had the update for over an hour now...so I lagged.