Official iPhone Software Update 1.1.3 Discussion

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
yeah I'm on a Mac and have DLed the iTunes 7.6 fine and the update also and now into 10th or so try to restore and keep getting variety of error messages and no my phone has never been touched with nay mod or hack or anything ... Apple support hung up on me 3 times ---- getting hotter by the minute!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Sorry, I'ma just keep blabbing as I notice stuff...

Anyone notice anything different with how the icons zoom away from, and back to, the homescreen? The dock at the bottom is translucent and it's the last to go and the first to stay. Small FX change maybe, but looks pretty slick...

Johny5

Bronze
Aug 4, 2007
St. Louis, Mo
yeah I'm on a Mac and have DLed the iTunes 7.6 fine and the update also and now into 10th or so try to restore and keep getting variety of error messages and no my phone has never been touched with nay mod or hack or anything ... Apple support hung up on me 3 times ---- getting hotter by the minute!
Sorry if you've already posted this;

Have you tried restarting both your mac and iPhone, then starting the process over again? Also, it may be worth a try to revert back to your previous iPhone version and re-download? If I remember correctly this can be done by holding 'opion / control' (don't remember which) while clicking restore. At that point you will get an option of versions to restore with, I think. It's been a while since I've done it... a bit cloudy on the details.

Just a thought.

J5

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
AND MY ICONS WON'T STOP WIGGLING!

Did anybody mention that? I have to turn the phone off and on to make them stop, otherwise no app will open "while wiggling".

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
Considering my Apt. was on fire when I came home from my first day back to law school, 1.1.3 is like the second coming.

(and no I am not kidding about the fire. it really happened and I cannot go back for a couple days. )

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Bah! I just noticed that if you zoom in to a web page before linking it on the home screen (to make for a nicer-looking icon), it will always open to that zoom level.

Bah! That's lame...

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
OK...you zoom in to make the web icons, but then when I press the icon it takes me to the zoomed in page. I don't want to have to unzoom everytime.

ebp2kEM1

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
We'll I told iTunes to download only because I was still on the fence... it decided to download and go ahead an install... so now im on 1.1.3.

Maps is pretty neat, but the novelty wore off in about 10 minutes. Now I miss my custom look and 3rd party apps. :(

Oh well - Now I get the joy of waiting for a new way to jailbreak..

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Bah! I just noticed that if you zoom in to a web page before linking it on the home screen (to make for a nicer-looking icon), it will always open to that zoom level.

Bah! That's lame...
you! How the..?! Beat me by 1 min.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
I'm making this stock phone personal now. I've got pages dedicated to stuff like games, news, search, ect.