Official iPhone Software Update 1.1.4 Thread

CowboYZ

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
Florida
Ok I've read through page 13 of this thread and didn't see anyone mention the change I did find. For all you guys out there bitching that there are no "real" changes, try this on for size... Go into your contacts and scroll up and down. The alphabet headers are now transparent! Forget MMS and forget copy/paste... this is the real deal here... Can someone confirm this for me because I'm too cheap to own more than one iPhone.... </sarcasm>
I'm still running 1.1.3 on my nonjailbroken iPhone (too lazy to upgrade.) And I have transparent alphabet headers, too.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
It just depends on the amount of contacts, bookmarks, or calendar entries you have.
Nah, 200 MB is far too much for that. Heck, my Treo had a third of that on-board memory and without loading apps still had most of it free. Heck, I had about the same amount of contacts, calendar entries, mail, and even to-do list entries on my old Palm V--and that only had 2 megabytes of memory.

Other is supposed to be anything on the media partition not recognized by iTunes. However, I know for a fact that the 200 MB figure is bogus, as it was there before syncing anything via iTunes (I did a full restore to 1.1.4, which wipes both partitions).

--
Mike

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Nah, 200 MB is far too much for that. Heck, my Treo had a third of that on-board memory and without loading apps still had most of it free. Heck, I had about the same amount of contacts, calendar entries, mail, and even to-do list entries on my old Palm V--and that only had 2 megabytes of memory.

Other is supposed to be anything on the media partition not recognized by iTunes. However, I know for a fact that the 200 MB figure is bogus, as it was there before syncing anything via iTunes (I did a full restore to 1.1.4, which wipes both partitions).

--
Mike
So what's the verdict then? What is this other? Support for third party apps from the SDK maybe?

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
OK. I reported that the BT with my H700 was now 100%. The BT connection with the Infiniti (M45) handsfree is also much better. The pairing sticks and the volume is improved. I had to readjust the car's BT settings to compensate for the increased volume. Clarity also seems better, but I can't validate that.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
So what's the verdict then? What is this other? Support for third party apps from the SDK maybe?
I think it might be a problem with iTunes. I checked free space (df -h) and it showed nothing unusual--but iTunes insists there is a huge chunk of other.

--
Mike

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
I think it might be a problem with iTunes. I checked free space (df -h) and it showed nothing unusual--but iTunes insists there is a huge chunk of other.

--
Mike
Maybe ringtones take up some of it, or would they be included in audio?

EDIT: I just tested this and:

Without Ringtones:
Picture 1.jpg

With Ringtones:
Picture 2.jpg

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I know that if iTunes doesn't recognize the data type, or if you interrupt a sync and say, a movie was bing uploaded and only got 3/4th of the way down, that all shows up as Other. At least till it's corrected.

imapfsr

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Victoria, B.C. Canada
Hey All,
I hate to be one of those people but I have to be. I read somewhere this morning that the 1.4 could be jailbreaked and unlocked. Of course I cannot find the page I read this on and am now thinking the fumes of the cars from my drive into work have left me a little :p. So, is it possible...I believe that 1.4 hasn't been unlocked yet but I also believe in the Vancouver Canucks as well:eek:. Am I missing something here or is it the fumes....
Thanks

fosterhere

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
Cold Spring on Hudson, NY
Nothing new NADA :(
No C&P :(
No Flash :(
No SDK :(

And you wonder why I get this message every time I log into this forum :(

Hello fosterhere it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
THE CASE OF THE GHOST iPHONE

Since I upgraded to 1.1.4, iPhoto reports that 2 iPhones are connected to my laptops (both MBP and MBA). It doesn't happen with the MacPro.

Ghost outlines of pictures appear in the window of the ghost iPhone. If I try to "import" them, iPhoto reports that they do have a name, but they can't be imported because "they do not exist".

Not a big deal, I guess, but weird anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: