official NFL 2011/12 season thread

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
This is me playing devils advocate here but
Every team does this. Now does every team place a monetary value on taking a qb out? We probably will never know. Also just because a coach isn't telling them to take the qb out doesn't mean that isn't there goal every single play.
Was he wrong for paying them for it? Maybe. But that is there job. The qb's know that it is going to happen. It is a built in part of the game. They all get paid. A lot of money. To get taken out. And be the taker outer. Lol
I think you're probably mostly right about this. But ... this is a culture that the current commissioner wants to change. And rightly so in my view. It shouldn't be about taking guys out maliciously. I love watching MMA, but that sort of carnage isn't what I tune into NFL or college football for. Teams setting out to see guys carted off, getting bonuses for when players have to be taken out on a cart - that's pretty sick.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I think you're probably mostly right about this. But ... this is a culture that the current commissioner wants to change. And rightly so in my view. It shouldn't be about taking guys out maliciously. I love watching MMA, but that sort of carnage isn't what I tune into NFL or college football for. Teams setting out to see guys carted off, getting bonuses for when players have to be taken out on a cart - that's pretty sick.
I totally agree. The saints have been user investigation about this since '09. They didn't find anything but now with the last two years of safer play and protecting the quarterback it got dug into deeper. Low and whole they our some guys that were willing to snitch. The saints got busted and made the example of