official NFL 2011/12 season thread

InyigoMontoya

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 17, 2011
Indiana
Colts: Suck for Luck!
I fear that might be the only option left. Or - just throwing this out there - dump Caldwell and Coyer and Christensen for a coaching staff that has the chutzpah to run the ball down someone's throat on 3rd AND 4th and inches on/near the 50. And Pat MacAfee - if you can't punt the ball inside the 20 from the 44 yard line please stick to kickoffs.

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
How unfair would it be for the Colts to actaully get Andrew Luck? After having Peyton all these years a guy like Luck could 1) tudor one year under Manning or 2) step right in if Manning packs it in. FTR I think Manning is likely done. I see absolutely no reason or sense in him taking a huge risk to come back playing football after three neck surgeries. He's got bags of money in the bank; he's a first ballot HOFer and has a Super Bowl Rring. Not like he has anything to prove. Better to call it quits than risk ending up in a wheel chair the rest of your life.

Sucks for the rest of us!

jb829904

Contributor
Silver
Jun 24, 2010
MO
I'm a little partial to the Bucs. A family member is one of their team doctors. Can't help it.

InyigoMontoya

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 17, 2011
Indiana
How unfair would it be for the Colts to actaully get Andrew Luck? After having Peyton all these years a guy like Luck could 1) tudor one year under Manning or 2) step right in if Manning packs it in. FTR I think Manning is likely done. I see absolutely no reason or sense in him taking a huge risk to come back playing football after three neck surgeries. He's got bags of money in the bank; he's a first ballot HOFer and has a Super Bowl Rring. Not like he has anything to prove. Better to call it quits than risk ending up in a wheel chair the rest of your life.

Sucks for the rest of us!
I thought he was done last year. He just doesn't have "it" any more and never really had "it" in the post season. Being a Colts fan and not just a Manning fan, it's pretty frustrating to go 14-2 and bow out in the playoffs. Any given Sunday - I know - but he isn't making the same kind of decisions on the field as he used to. Says the comfy QB in his armchair. That said, getting Luck would be pretty rad for all the reasons you stated. We'll see...

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I guess I'd rather the Colts get Luck then say Seattle or Kansas City. I sort of hate both those teams. Colts are kind of just "there".

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I'm a little partial to the Bucs. A family member is one of their team doctors. Can't help it.
It's ok, I like the bucs, and I like pirates, they aren't so good lately, kind of forgot they even existed gotta be honest with you.