MacBook Old question: MacBook: black or white?

AppleSVT

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
iKlear is the bomb...i prefer the handy little individual wipes so i can keep them in my thin case. I also use marware because i too must have some acid sweat...the paint on the bottom of my mbp (my original one, not my new one) where my wrists sat started to come off. Definitely protecting this one.

As for the topic question:

Neither! Although this is semi-biased because i do a lot of graphics/video/web work on my laptop so i need to have a god (well, decent) graphics card. The fact that teh macbook has integrated graphics kinda makes me want to vomit. I thought integrated graphics had died in the days of windows 98. MacBook Pro FTW!

LMen

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
Atlanta
www.studiomendoza.com
Black go Black, it's thinning and goes with everything. It works at the office or if you have an engagement after work, dress it up with some pearls!

Really all I want to do is remove this reminder...

Attachments

Elbacanazo920

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Bronx, NY
I think black is the way to go. It matches more with the iPhone, the finger prints can be cleaned easily. I have a friend that has the white macbook and the scratches really show on it and it can easily get stained.

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
Just a quick FYI for those looking to protect your MB, particularly the white ones. I have a white MB and put the Marware vinyl sheet on the wrist rest after reading about the staining it would get from just general use. I then discovered Applepeelz (www.applepeelz.com) and think that is the best way to go for protecting your laptop. I put the Applepeelz over the rest of the MB, except the wrist rest and it does a fantastic job of keeping the original case clean. Through normal use, you'll probably notice staining on the track pad, button, and other parts of the computer but the stain is only on the mylar protector, not on the main case plastic.

One thing about the Marware protector...it sticks to the wrist rest very well and will easily leave some residue behind if you remove it and that stuff is almost impossible to get up, even with Goo Gone! The Applepeelz stick securely but don't leave any residue when you remove them.

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I bought a BlackBook almost two years ago, the first model. Love it. The black was perfect and a throwback to my favorite PowerBook of all time: the Pismo from 2000. Now the BlackBook is the best laptop ever. So I just bought another one. Black definitely! :laugh2:

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I have a white MacBook. I clean it once a week and so far, I'm happy with the way it looks. I decided to go white because I became sick to death of everything Ihave being black.

The white compliments my cube at work very well; everything I have on my desk is now white. :laugh2:

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I can only hope and wish I get enough spare money to be able to do that some day... until then, I shall share in everybody else's excitement for you. :laugh2:

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I had a genius bar appt at 10:15am. They looked at my phone and said that the black circle was a bubble in the glass and they replaced it for me. :laugh2:

Then I had a personal shopping appt at 11am. They saw me a little early and answered my additional questions. For my use I decided on the middle of the road white MacBook ($1299 one). My husband agreed it was ok for me to get it, since we share money. I am also getting a dot mac acct and I bought iWork so my kids can use it for some school work.

I am still in the car. I have to sync my new phone when I get home and transfer my stuff my ibook to new MacBook. I also have to call my dad who is having an ipod emergency! LOL

I will post again when the new machine is up and running!

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I had a genius bar appt at 10:15am. They looked at my phone and said that the black circle was a bubble in the glass and they replaced it for me. :laugh2:

Then I had a personal shopping appt at 11am. They saw me a little early and answered my additional questions. For my use I decided on the middle of the road white MacBook ($1299 one). My husband agreed it was ok for me to get it, since we share money. I am also getting a dot mac acct and I bought iWork so my kids can use it for some school work.

I am still in the car. I have to sync my new phone when I get home and transfer my stuff my ibook to new MacBook. I also have to call my dad who is having an ipod emergency! LOL

I will post again when the new machine is up and running!
Yaaaaay! Congrats on your purchase!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
OK I am on my new macbook. I used migration thing, but I do not know if my iTunes library came over because I cannot find the music... I am searching but any help if appreciated.

I would email a pic, but my email is messed up on my new exchanged iPhone.:mad:

I also cannot figure out how/where to set up more users on this new macbook.:oops: ***EDIT I figured this part out on Apple.com lol!****

EDIT AGAIN. I used the migration thing but I cannot find my photos either. I thought they would just "come over" Again, help needed but I will search Apple.com also.
thanks again!

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
congrats on the new Mac -- its a fun time isn't after the long wait we put ourselves through. But i could not be any happier and excited about my now 2 week old MBP