Ordered via AT&T site? 9/21?

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
What I got from the article was that AT&T pre-orders made before they ran out of stock will ship by the 21st and anything after they ran out of stock is now 2-3 weeks..

BTW.. I ordered 40 min after it started and mine still says processing as well.. However, AT&T told me when I called to inquire that mine has an estimated ship day of 9-20...
I just hope I can get it by 9/21. I might even cancel the pre order ad pick one up at AT&T. I'm just worried that they won't have enough stock.

If I cancel the preorder I wonder how long the system would take to recognize that allowing me to buy one in-store? I highly doubt that I will do this though.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
I just hope I can get it by 9/21. I might even cancel the pre order ad pick one up at AT&T. I'm just worried that they won't have enough stock.

If I cancel the preorder I wonder how long the system would take to recognize that allowing me to buy one in-store? I highly doubt that I will do this though.
My plan is if I do not get a shipping notification on the 20th to hit the store on the 21st..

GSXRMike

Silver
Jun 21, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I'm having an issue. Not sure if I should be concerned yet or not. We have two iPhones on our account. Neither was eligible for the upgrade so we opened two new lines. I ordered myself a black 32GB and my wife a white 16GB. After ordering, she told me she wanted the 32GB instead this year. OK, no problem. I placed another order for a white 32GB for her then I went and canceled the white 16GB from my first order. After confirming the cancellation a couple times via two different verification emails, it showed the white 16GB as cancelled. Good. When I checked the order status all day yesterday and this morning, it still showed as cancelled. Well, now it's back to showing as "Preorder Processing". Now I have all 3 iPhones, 2 on the first order and 1 on the second, showing as "Preorder Processing".

I hope they don't send me 3. I don't feel like dealing with that.

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
My status was just changed today from Processing to Attention when I check on my pc vs Pending on my iPhone. This is on the Premier site. Wonder if I should be concerned.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Here is what mine now displays.. I cropped the screen shot to remove my personal information..

AT&T has at least 3 different ways / areas for checking order status and they ALL display different info..

Try this AT&T order status page as it appears to be the most updated info..

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/

Enter order number or phone
ImageUploadedByiCafe1347815589.016068.jpg

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
Here is what mine now displays.. I cropped the screen shot to remove my personal information..

AT&T has at least 3 different ways / areas for checking order status and they ALL display different info..

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/#

Enter order number or phone View attachment 24728
Here's what I get: I originally ordered from the Premier site.

OS001: We apologize for the inconvenience. We cannot complete your request at this time. Please wait at least 24 hrs from placing your order, before checking the status of your order online. If the problem persists, please call us at 1-800-331-0500 for further assistance. NOTE: An email may have been sent to your email address on file. Please check your email which may have additional information about your order.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Here's what I get:
OS001: We apologize for the inconvenience. We cannot complete your request at this time. Please wait at least 24 hrs from placing your order, before checking the status of your order online. If the problem persists, please call us at 1-800-331-0500 for further assistance. NOTE: An email may have been sent to your email address on file. Please check your email which may have additional information about your order.
Odd..

Sadly if I check order status from 'My Account' on the AT&T website it does not even show up.. Nothin, nadda, like it does not even exist. The My Account page does show the new phone # though..

If I use a different order status page and check by using either the order # or the newly assigned cell phone # it shows as 'Processing'

If I use the link I provided above and use either order # or newly assigned cell phone # it shows as 'Pending Shipment'..

I suppose the Pending Shipment that's is shown under the tracking # could simply mean that a tracking # will be assigned when it ships...

I honestly have no clue at this point...

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I ordered later in the day on the 14th. The rep told me I would still receive the phone on the 21st, but they screwed my order up and it didn't get processed until later that night so now my delivery status says 14-21 days. Pissed.

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
I had to call that toll free #. They told me that the data plan was wrong and they had to correct it. I ordered a new 5th line. Now it says pre-order processing.

FlyersPhanatic9

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/

Enter order number or phone View attachment 24728
My order status looks exactly the same. Ordered at 9:30 AM EST, so 6.5 hours after preorders started. A little worried that is has a 1 under the backorder column... any insight on this?

Napoleon Lopez

Bronze
Jun 8, 2011
Slidell, Louisiana
My order status looks exactly the same. Ordered at 9:30 AM EST, so 6.5 hours after preorders started. A little worried that is has a 1 under the backorder column... any insight on this?
Mine looks exactly like yours. I ordered mine through the ATT premier site a few hrs after we were allowed to start preordering. Looking at different forums, ATT customers are all in the same boat as us. Except for those that had ordered within that first hour. They report that the 1 under backorder has changed to 0 today. But it seems it was only those that ordered right when everyone had a chance to order.

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
How many iPhone 5's can I pick up at the Apple store on Friday? I need to pick up 2 more. 1 for my wife and 1 for my brother. Mine is preordered hopefully for Friday.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Mine looks exactly like yours. I ordered mine through the ATT premier site a few hrs after we were allowed to start preordering. Looking at different forums, ATT customers are all in the same boat as us. Except for those that had ordered within that first hour. They report that the 1 under backorder has changed to 0 today. But it seems it was only those that ordered right when everyone had a chance to order.
My order was placed within the 1st hour..

Napoleon Lopez

Bronze
Jun 8, 2011
Slidell, Louisiana
Odd..

Sadly if I check order status from 'My Account' on the AT&T website it does not even show up.. Nothin, nadda, like it does not even exist. The My Account page does show the new phone # though..

If I use a different order status page and check by using either the order # or the newly assigned cell phone # it shows as 'Processing'

If I use the link I provided above and use either order # or newly assigned cell phone # it shows as 'Pending Shipment'..

I suppose the Pending Shipment that's is shown under the tracking # could simply mean that a tracking # will be assigned when it ships...

I honestly have no clue at this point...
That is right. The pending shipment does not mean it is about to be shipped. It only means that they cannot give you a tracking number until the item is actually shipped out to you. Now when that will be, i don't know.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
I ordered later in the day on the 14th. The rep told me I would still receive the phone on the 21st, but they screwed my order up and it didn't get processed until later that night so now my delivery status says 14-21 days. Pissed.
I'm surprised the rep told you this as it was reported on numerous blogs at ~9am Central on the 14th that AT&T sold out. I ordered online from AT&T at ~7:15am Central on the 14th and it is increasingly looking like it won't be here on the 21st. I'm pissed too.

I went to my local Walmart today. The guy in the cell phone section stated they can take preorders but can't guarantee they'll be there on Friday. They sell 16G only and sell for $188. That's right, $188. If I wasn't getting a 32G this time, I'd go there. Alas, it looks like I'm at AT&T of Apple on Friday (unless by a miracle my phones get shipped this week).