Otterbox defender or Otterbox commuter

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
Has anyone had experience with the new otterbox defender ( the redesign with the new silicone)? I am curious as to how well it slides in and out of your pockey
I currently have both versions in my house. Wife has the older version because it came in pink, I have the new version. I have had the old version for a long time and not being able to stick it in you pocket easy or get it out was a complaint of mine. The new rubber is far less grippy and slides MUCH easier in a pocket but as you could imagine, still not as easy as a hard plastic case. My son has the new version now on his iPod and said he really likes that he can get it in his pocket easier. Still not like naked or like with a hard case though.

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
it doesn't....and it picks up all the lint like a magnet. Plus, you'll end pulling the silicone off the phone itself trying to remove it from your pocket. The Defender wasn't made to go in your pockets, unless you wear really baggy pants.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
That's not true. The rubber is different and picks up no lint like the old version.

superpilot

Oct 21, 2011
Is it just me or dies it seem that other otterbox cases built for phones other than the iPhone 4 seem to be more sturdy and overall a better case?

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Lots of people said the world was flat too.

from the sounds of our conversations, it's pretty obvious that your dead set on hating, and questioning everything about LifeProof....it makes no difference to me what case you are using, I could care less....so let's agree to disagree and move on, your staring to annoy me.

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
from the sounds of our conversations, it's pretty obvious that your dead set on hating, and questioning everything about LifeProof....it makes no difference to me what case you are using, I could care less....so let's agree to disagree and move on, your staring to annoy me.

Annoy you because I showed you that you have misconceptions about the new material on a case? Sometimes people are wrong. Worst part is that you are so closed minded that even in the face of video proof, you don't discuss or admit your misconceptions, rather you deteriorate into calling me a lifeproof hater.

I don't see why you say I am a hater on lifeproof....this post is about the otterbox. I am not questioning anything about the lifeproof. I was stating facts about the otterbox, something you have failed to do in this thread. What is clear is that you really hate the otterbox since in every otterbox thread...or any case thread at all...you post about the lifeproof and say how crappy the the otterbox is and then post incorrect information about the otterbox to make it look worse.

I have already posted in another thread that I am considering the lifeproof and I also started my own thread about the new material on the otterbox and how I am not too sure I like it. I liked the more sticky rubber outside on the old version. Lint or not.

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
In canamera's defense, I posted above that I had the new style Otterbox for my 4S, but returned it because for ME, it did not slide easily out of my pocket and was getting lint on it.
U then post vids of YOUR pocket slide test and a dog hair test, with voice over "It IS different".
I kind of felt u were calling ME a liar......
While I appreciate for YOU, it appears it meets YOUR needs, it did not for ME, as well as at least one other here as well.
I was just relating my experience, only to have u argue and try to prove your point with videos.
I will concede that over time, the new style case/material MAY slide easier, I perhaps just did not give it sufficient time to "break in".
I will also say that I did not have a pocket full of dog hair, and that the black case I had likely exhibits lint more dramatically than your green Otter.

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Annoy you because I showed you that you have misconceptions about the new material on a case? Sometimes people are wrong. Worst part is that you are so closed minded that even in the face of video proof, you don't discuss or admit your misconceptions, rather you deteriorate into calling me a lifeproof hater.

I don't see why you say I am a hater on lifeproof....this post is about the otterbox. I am not questioning anything about the lifeproof. I was stating facts about the otterbox, something you have failed to do in this thread. What is clear is that you really hate the otterbox since in every otterbox thread...or any case thread at all...you post about the lifeproof and say how crappy the the otterbox is and then post incorrect information about the otterbox to make it look worse.

I have already posted in another thread that I am considering the lifeproof and I also started my own thread about the new material on the otterbox and how I am not too sure I like it. I liked the more sticky rubber outside on the old version. Lint or not.
your absolutely right....this is an Otterbox thread, and yes....it does Suck! Hey, who wants a barely used Otterbox Defender, black? If you pay for the shipping, I'll give it to you for free.....

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
your absolutely right....this is an Otterbox thread, and yes....it does Suck! Hey, who wants a barely used Otterbox Defender, black? If you pay for the shipping, I'll give it to you for free.....
New style or old style rubber? New style or old style camera opening?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
why don't you sell it?

MuddyPaws

Zealot
Oct 3, 2009
I want to get the the new Otterbox defender or Otterbox commuter, but I am torn between the two. Any insight on both and also any opinions on which one to get.
He didn't ask about the lifeproof. How come no matter what case someone asks about you have to say their choice sucks and yours is the only logical choice? Kind of narrow minded and not helpful to the thread.

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
He didn't ask about the lifeproof. How come no matter what case someone asks about you have to say their choice sucks and yours is the only logical choice? Kind of narrow minded and not helpful to the thread.
he's obviously not bothered by my opinion...you are! So if you don't like it....move on! Besides I'm having way too much fun here.

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
why don't you sell it?
naa, I never bother selling these things....I usually just give them along with my iPhone when I sell it. Actually, I just ended up giving my first Defender to a neighbor of mine. I hate the whole process of selling and posting things, and something so small as a case is just not worth it to me.

Chitz Legaspi

Oct 22, 2011
Hi again Cris,

Is jawbone ERA bluetooth headset a good choice? What do you suggest? They say its the only one has noise assassin..

Thanks Cris

superpilot

Oct 21, 2011
I think I'm going to end up getting the new Otterbox commuter. It looks like a better design than the iPhone 4 commuter. The defender is just a tad too bulky for my needs.