Otterbox Defender!

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
I've had this case for about three two months. When I put the phone in my pocket the little tiny sand particles get in-between the phone and the case. Then from using the phone all day the tiny little sand particle had been scratching the screen. The scratch is so small but it's there and pisses me off. Now today some how a piece of sand actually chipped a tiny but of glass off the back panel edge. This case needs more felt applied to all of the inside. Them this wouldn't have happened I'm pissed!
How long is three two months? Like six months total? Or 32 months? J/J! Lol. How does sand get in the case? Are you in sand a lot? Why don't you put either a clear protector on the front and back before you put it in the case or you could get one of those aluminum cheap replacement backs for it. They are super easy to change and slot cheaper than another glass back.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
How long is three two months? Like six months total? Or 32 months? J/J! Lol. How does sand get in the case? Are you in sand a lot? Why don't you put either a clear protector on the front and back before you put it in the case or you could get one of those aluminum cheap replacement backs for it. They are super easy to change and slot cheaper than another glass back.
What's slot cheaper? Are you a gambler? lol. It's J/K not J/J. lol :p If you think you're a comedian, keep your day job, or you'll be in the poor house. lol j/k. :p

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I've used the Defender since my first iPhone 3G. When it was 2 years old, I still managed to sell it for $250 because it was in immaculate condition, thanks to my Defender! I have only used Otterbox with my iPhones, and I wouldn't trust anything else to protect it the same way!

After owning my iPhone 4 for two and a half months, it still doesn't have a single scratch on it. I work construction, so trust me, it goes through the worst conditions possible!

So sorry to hear about your misfortune with the Defender....

Bass_Fishing1

Sep 15, 2010
Missouri
Had a Defender on a BB Tour for 9 months worked great. Switched to AT&T got the iPhone 4, got a Defender off ebay for my iPhone 4 and it's a little bulky but it works great!

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
What's slot cheaper? Are you a gambler? lol. It's J/K not J/J. lol :p If you think you're a comedian, keep your day job, or you'll be in the poor house. lol j/k. :p

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe
I guess I asked for that one lol. My phone corrects a lot to slot for some reason. And j/j means just joking. :)

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
Any suggestions on how to clean all of the lint & dust off of this case? I'm thinking about using it again and hate that it's so dirty. I have noticed it's really hard to get all the lint off of the camera lens area.

Irish Rose

Zealot
Sep 6, 2010
Any suggestions on how to clean all of the lint & dust off of this case? I'm thinking about using it again and hate that it's so dirty.
Try using a micofiber cleaning cloth. I use one on my commuter case, and it always keeps it clean.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
My husband just surprised me with a new pink otterbox defender. I'm confused about it because they don't even show this color on their website. It's black & pink but instead of the one on their site this one has pink silicone and the hard shell is black. Is this a new one or something? He got it at AT&T so I'm assuming it's not fake. Any ideas?

Irish Rose

Zealot
Sep 6, 2010

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
The black and pink one on there is black silicone and pink hard shell mine is pink silicone and a black hard shell. I've seen a couple of them on eBay but not on otterboxes site. Here's the address:
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/accessory-details/index.jsp?q_sku=sku4960371&q_categoryid=cat2240038#reviews

Irish Rose

Zealot
Sep 6, 2010
I hope it's actually a true genuine case. He had to pay 49.95 for it. I wonder how I can find out for sure.
You could call Otterbox's customer service dept, and ask them. They should be able to tell you whether or not, there are two versions of the pink and black case for the iPhone 4.

Otterbox Customer service:

We’re here to help when you need it! At the left you will find a list of handy links covering topics that should answer your inquiry. Also, we staff a great group of Otters in our customer service department, Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Never hesitate to give us a call at 888-695-8820. You can also send us an email with your detailed question that will be answered within 24-48 hours. We are open to feedback and love to hear your thoughts on our products.