Otterbox Defender!

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Sounds like you got an old case, if you have the Verizon iPhone. OB redesigned the case to fit both iPhones.
That's absolutely correct!

OB redesigned the case so that the Defender fits both iPhones. You probably picked up an older case. I would either take it back to where you bought, and ask for an exchange, or call Otterbox, and tell them what happened!

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

MisterZ

Feb 21, 2011
You guys are absolutely right. I didn't know there was a difference in AT&T and Verizon iPhone 4's but it's returned an I'll be getting a new one any day now :)

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
@Canamera: ha ha ha... I got it right first! LMAO, not like it's a competition just hadn't busted yer chops in a while 

@MistereZ: glad someone was able to help you out on this. It rally wasn't a big announcement that they changed then design enough to warrant a case change.

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
@Canamera: ha ha ha... I got it right first! LMAO, not like it's a competition just hadn't busted yer chops in a while 

@MistereZ: glad someone was able to help you out on this. It rally wasn't a big announcement that they changed then design enough to warrant a case change.
That's ok Scott, I'm used to having my chops busted....I've been married for about 13 years now! Lol

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
That's ok Scott, I'm used to having my chops busted....I've been married for about 13 years now! Lol
hahahaa. At least we all tag teamed the OPs issue and helped, yet another EiC user.  that's the important part.
And for some reason I just had the old bat signal, but with an Apple logo flash in my head.... off to solve more issues... Lmao!

Alpha 7

Feb 8, 2011
I have re-posted the current image on the OtterBox site that shows the difference between the ATT & VZW iPhone with regards to the case.
My apologies to all for my posts prior to the 02-15-2011 post w/this image. I fell victim to OB's "B.S.".
Not happy w/ OB & will be exchanging my current case to them in exchange for the correct case upon its availibility.
I do not expect to pay shipping charges either way since OB mislead me from the start.
OtterBox Defender Updated Case 110215.jpg

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Will this new and updated case fix the sensor problem while in call?
I'm not sure I know what sensor problem your referring to. If your referring to proximity sensor problem, then that's a problem with your phone, not the case. I had the same problem with mine, but a "reset all settings" fixed it right a way. There have been plenty of threads on the topic already.

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I have purchased two of these. I love it except on both, the back side on the bottom near the plug eventually (Usually a month) gets so loose that I take it off an use someone else's.

radtechy

Contributor
Silver
Jul 20, 2011
I got an iPad mini with the defender yesterday. I'm getting the stupid newton rings again. What I did when I had that problem with my iPhone 4S I took off the screen protector and then I put my own anti glare on it but then dust gets in easier.

Any suggestions? It doesn't bother me for general use but when I'm watching video it's not so bright and the rings are noticeable.

Or any other case suggestions?

Sent using iCafe app on my iPad Mini 32 GB

radtechy

Contributor
Silver
Jul 20, 2011
On the otterbox defender the screen protector is attached to the front of the care like a lifeproof. It's not like a film.

With my iPhone otterbox I had I popped off the otterbox screen protected and used a film one. But then I was getting a lot of dust between the front of the shell coming in b/c I remover the built in protector

But between the film and phone was fine cause of the films adhesive made a seal

Sent using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Look around the net for Baby powder trick. You puff just the slightest amount of baby powder under the screen protector and device.

Sent using iCafe app

radtechy

Contributor
Silver
Jul 20, 2011
Tried that for the life proof and it didn't work. I'm thinking about putting a film on and just have another layer I did that also and it didn't affect the operation of the screen

Sent using iCafe app on my iPad Mini 32 GB