Otterbox Defender!

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
I can't decide between blue or red. I'm at BestBuy, but the sales folk know how to talk you down out of buying bulky cases. Quite frankly, it doesn't appear bulky to me all that much.

I don't drop my phone much, but still want all the best possible protection.

Attachments

jlee24219

Aug 3, 2010
does anyones case click at the top when pressed in? I guess my plastic parts don't come together tight enough around the ear area, so when I press it I can hear it push in and out

edward_allan

Bronze
Jan 6, 2009
I can't decide between blue or red. I'm at BestBuy, but the sales folk know how to talk you down out of buying bulky cases. Quite frankly, it doesn't appear bulky to me all that much.

I don't drop my phone much, but still want all the best possible protection.
Great choice! I too couldnt make up my mind when i was picking which color to get, went with blue even though my heart was telling me red. Damn gf liked the blue more thats why...

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
Great choice! I too couldnt make up my mind when i was picking which color to get, went with blue even though my heart was telling me red. Damn gf liked the blue more thats why...

Thanks! I ended up getting red. I liked blue but I knew I'd kick myself later if I didn't get red.

Ill post a full review tomorrow.

Branman

Bronze
Sep 16, 2008
I just got my otterbox defender in black yesterday. I ordered it from mygearstore and got a sweet deal. I love this case so far. Its bulky yes but the protection when im at work is awesome. I would highly recommend this case to anyone that is in need of a tough case.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
does anyones case click at the top when pressed in? I guess my plastic parts don't come together tight enough around the ear area, so when I press it I can hear it push in and out
Mine fits together perfectly without any play or sound when I mess with it. Take it apart and make sure you have the pieces lined up just right before you snap it together, it took me a couple tries to get it perfect.

faithfulfatherof2

Bronze
Jun 4, 2009
Louisiana
Mine clicks at the top also. My wifes is tight and doesn't click at all. I am on the hold with otterbox right now. In the past their customer service has been bad so we shall see. I will keep y'all updated.

**UPDATE**
The csr stated they will be shipping out a whole new case. He was very nice. I will keep y'all updated.

jlee24219

Aug 3, 2010
Mine clicks at the top also. My wifes is tight and doesn't click at all. I am on the hold with otterbox right now. In the past their customer service has been bad so we shall see. I will keep y'all updated.

**UPDATE**
The csr stated they will be shipping out a whole new case. He was very nice. I will keep y'all updated.
I emailed them, but haven't heard back, i'll try giving them a call

Update: Never emailed me back, just returned it to best buy and got another, no clicking now, all is well

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Not on mine. There is a watermark/oilslick spot right in the middle of the screen. It is only noticeable on a dark screen though.
I have always used the Defender, and the secret to get out the water mark is to put a very small, and I mean very small! amout of baby powder on the screen. You shouldn't be able to see it on your screen...it will prevent it from sticking to the phone screen causing the water mark.

what you do is make sure the baby powder bottle is closed and shake it. Don't open it! Hold your phone over the bottle and squeeze it so that there is a small cloud of powder going to the screen. You might want to also do it to the screen of the Otterbox too. If you can see the baby powder on the screen after you put it in the Otterbox...then you've put too much, clean it and do it again.

one028

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
I have a new defender case that i got today...tried it on my iPhone, and didn't like it....its for sale if anyone wants buy it for what i paid...$42 shipped...

email me at one028@yahoo.com...i have 100% positive feedback on ebay....(one028 ebay name)...

thanks..

Je2180

Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
New York
I just got the defender case in blue and my only prob is that I can't hear my iPhone 4 ringing. How do I fix this? And no the silent isn't on.

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I just got the defender case in blue and my only prob is that I can't hear my iPhone 4 ringing. How do I fix this? And no the silent isn't on.
Don't know what it could be... Sounds like your phone is so protected that you cant even hear it ring in the case! Lol

Je2180

Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
New York
Don't know what it could be... Sounds like your phone is so protected that you cant even hear it ring in the case! Lol

I know it's hilarious :) But I swear I cannot hear this phone ringing. I've taken it off and it's fine lol. I can't believe this case will stop damage and sound. Ill try it again later on since I want to use the case for when I'm going somewhere. In the meantime I switched to my Candyshell till I can figure why this happened. What to do?

gogoplata1980

Bronze
May 6, 2009
Cleburne, TX.
Wow. thanks for the heads up on the OtterBox being at Best Buy. If you're looking to get one and soon, you should check out BB. Online doesn't mention having them but when I went to the store last night there were about 10! I can't believe people are having to wait so long having ordered directly, yet you can walk in to a BB and get one.

Summertop511

Bronze
Jul 3, 2010
For everybody that is putting on screen protectors so they don't get that water look can be avoided. I got my defender straight from otter box so idk if it's any different than the cheap ones on eBay but I got this screen cleaner from the Apple store. It's safe on eleophobic screens and it comes with these really good micro fiber clothes. I cleaned my screen and the otter box really good from ALL residue and it's been four days and I don't have any water marks. It looks great and I'm kinda afraid to take it off.

edward_allan

Bronze
Jan 6, 2009
Went back to bestbuy today and exchanged my blue one for a red one and love it so much more! Its still in the box since im sporting my powersupport crystal front and back + bumper for the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

faithfulfatherof2

Bronze
Jun 4, 2009
Louisiana
**UPDATE**

I received another otterbox in the mail today. They gave me a free one due to the top of my case making a clicking noise. I don't even have to send the old one back! A+ for customer service.