Otterbox Defender!

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
So I put mine on my iPhone 4, but the touchscreen isn't as sensitive as with the Commuter and antiglare screen protector. Is this because I kept the antiglare screen protector under the Defender screen protector? Or is this just how it is?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
I also had this problem using the anti glare and defender. Sometimes I had to try over and over to unlock the phone. I prefer the commuter over the defender, I'm just worried about the phone being exposed on the back.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I also had this problem using the anti glare and defender. Sometimes I had to try over and over to unlock the phone. I prefer the commuter over the defender, I'm just worried about the phone being exposed on the back.
My main problem is typing words and scrolling. I end up misspelling the words. And, with scrolling I have to put more pressure and can't quick scroll. Otherwise, I love the protection of the iPhone including the cover over the mute switch.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
My main problem is typing words and scrolling. I end up misspelling the words. And, with scrolling I have to put more pressure and can't quick scroll. Otherwise, I love the protection of the iPhone including the cover over the mute switch.

I'm actually okay with it now. I'm used to it and I got the hang of quick scrolling. So, right now, I have no complaints. I'm keeping this one on this week. I'll keep the Commuter for maybe when I go on vacation. lol

shupik69

Silver
May 11, 2010
louisiana/Africa
I had an antiglare protector on, but I didn't like the fuzzy look of my screen. However my defender came with one and I really dislike it. Thinking about removing it and using a clear protector instead! Other than that I don't have any real issues with the case or picture taking. Very much worth the cost, IMO!

snurblet

Bronze
Apr 16, 2009
WNC, USA
People talk about how bulky the defender series is. It is funny how much a millimeter makes when it comes to iPhone cases.
Yup. It's only a millimeter in length, but it's a lot of volume when multiplied in three dimensions.

I just bought one at BB, and I might still return it, but there were two nice surprises:

1) The protective border around the screen has some relief around the capacitive area, so you can still easily get your finger up to the edge to interact with content. This was the biggest deal-breaker for me, before I tried one hands-on.

2) Even though the home button is covered in silicone, it's still easy to operate.

Other cases I've tried failed in these two areas. I'm not yet sold on the bulk or the screen protector, but I only tried it on for fit. My iPhone 4 is defective, and I'm waiting for the replacement to get here before really giving my cases a go. :/

edward_allan

Bronze
Jan 6, 2009
xxedgyxx:
If you don't mind sharing i'd love to know where you got your wallpaper. I love it and would like to get something similar. Thanks!
Thanks, i actually jus googled superman logos and picked out this one. If u want this exact one i can email u the file. Let me know...

Joedogg

Bronze
Jul 27, 2010
I found an otterbox defender on amazon for 34$ and was wondering if any has bought from them , are thay otterbox or are thay cheap knockoffs

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I removed the antiglare screen protector underneath. No need since this case already has one. It's like night and day with performance and the display's color/clarity.

flightmedic

Bronze
Jun 21, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
Picked mine up just now at Sam's Club for 39.99. Good price and awesome case. The iPhone 4 case is better than the 3GS in my opinion.

Jim

FavreFan77

Bronze
Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
I removed the antiglare screen protector underneath. No need since this case already has one. It's like night and day with performance and the display's color/clarity.

I had an Att anti glare protector on when I put my defender on and it had that annoying oily screen effect but I couldn't get rid of it at all and so I had to waste another protector and then the oil goes away. How did you avoid the oily look?

snurblet

Bronze
Apr 16, 2009
WNC, USA
OK, after using my Defender this week, I'm fully sold. I don't notice the bulk hardly at all, and it has the benefit of giving me something substantial to get a grip on when holding it. I've found the naked iPhones and slim, hard plastic cases to be a little too fumble-prone for me.

Also, I carry in my breast pocket at work, and the silicone exterior has enough grippiness to help the phone not slip out of my pocket when I bend down.

flightmedic

Bronze
Jun 21, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
My Review

1) It's a tighter fit than the 3GS - good improvement

2) It actually stays in the holster. With the 3GS Otterbox, it wouldn't stay in the holster and I would actually use a rubberband to keep it in the holster. With the iPhone 4 Defender, it snaps in securely

3) NO AIR BUBBLES - With the 3GS I actually took the screen protector off it was so bad. With the iPhone 4, it actually keeps secure to the screen for good viewing.

4) Multi-positional holster. No matter how you put the case into the holster, it snaps in securely, screen in, screen out, left sided, right sided.

Overall, it was well worth the money. Many improvements over the 3GS Otterbox Defender.

Jim

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
I found an otterbox defender on amazon for 34$ and was wondering if any has bought from them , are thay otterbox or are thay cheap knockoffs
They are legit. I just got mine from eBay for 34.00 But had to pay 6% tax because I lived in the area he was shipping from. Anyways, great case.

Joedogg

Bronze
Jul 27, 2010
I just got my otterbox defender and I must say it is a very nice case , It does add a little bulk to the phone but I am willing to deal with that for the protection,,, but outher than that I am very pleased

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
I just got my otterbox defender and I must say it is a very nice case , It does add a little bulk to the phone but I am willing to deal with that for the protection,,, but outher than that I am very pleased
When you were setting it up on your phone, does it snap together all the way? Mine has a little trouble snapping on all the way. Other than that, I love the otterbox defender!

Joedogg

Bronze
Jul 27, 2010
When you were setting it up on your phone, does it snap together all the way? Mine has a little trouble snapping on all the way. Other than that, I love the otterbox defender!
No didn't have any trouble snapping it on, fits pretty good , no clicking or or creaking , I'm happy with it just got to get used to it