Otterbox Defender!

canamera

Zealot
Gold
Dec 28, 2009
Toronto Ontario, Canada
When you were setting it up on your phone, does it snap together all the way? Mine has a little trouble snapping on all the way. Other than that, I love the otterbox defender!

Make sure the phone is perfectly inserted. It's a very snug fit, no room for error otherwise it won't close properly.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
My one downside, it doesn't fit in the Bose Sounddock II. I don't recall if the Commuter does, but I know others do.

Does anyone know if I can get an extension cable to make it work?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
The second bad thing about the Defender, is that if you put it in your pocket, it is a lint magnet, so unlike the Commuter. Right now, I'm wearing it on my belt. I haven't done that in like several years. I got my geek belt clip on and I'm proud of it (well for now I am). :D lol

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

MoneyMaker79

Genius
Gold
Dec 15, 2008
Florida
I took my screen protector mirror off and it seems to fit better and I can use the touch screen much easier. I love the otterbox defender for iPhone 4. I have used and still have a lot of cheap cases. Some were good. But this defender case is the best case I've seen yet. If anyone does not like the price of it, go to eBay. You can buy it on there for $34.00. I paid that price plus a little tax because I'm in Florida which was the place the seller was shipping from as well.

I have the phone in the holster a lot. When riding my bike, should I attach it to myself or take it out of holster and into my pocket? Any opinions on this question? I have zero issues with the defender so far. I love it. 5/5 stars.

shupik69

Silver
May 11, 2010
louisiana/Africa
There is always a chance it could fall out the holster, but i have found that this one stays put better than the 3gs one did. However, i did leave it on my dashboard for a month. So the plastic relaxed some! All in all i like it, but the hole insert are a little flimsy and seem to pop out a lot...4 out of 5!

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
Just picked up my otterbox defender last nite from bestbuy and this case is really good. I work construction and was worried about the phone constantly now I have more piece of mind. One of the things I didn't like about the one for the 3GS was the form factor it was ugly. But this case is really nice as far as the form factor goes. Really happy with it.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Just picked up my otterbox defender last nite from bestbuy and this case is really good. I work construction and was worried about the phone constantly now I have more piece of mind. One of the things I didn't like about the one for the 3GS was the form factor it was ugly. But this case is really nice as far as the form factor goes. Really happy with it.
I liked the look of the 3GS defender but its bulk and the lack of compatibility with most accessories due to lack of dock connector access turned me off. Love that they've slimmed the iPhone 4 defender down a little and given more space to the dock connector port. Been using mine a week now and love it. Also in construction so I'm glad that the defender is more to my liking now.

Joedogg

Bronze
Jul 27, 2010
Had to take my otterbox defender back to best buy and exchange it for another one because of poling and creaking at the top that means it does not fit right but the new one is doing fine

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Had to take my otterbox defender back to best buy and exchange it for another one because of poling and creaking at the top that means it does not fit right but the new one is doing fine
What do you mean by poling and creaking? The top left corner of mine does creak if pushed on.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
It was doing it on both top corners and I know it's not iPhone it's self but the new case fixed it
So I emailed OtterBox this evening, and this is what they said, "This means the case is not snapped together all of the way. To fix, hold the case together at the top, and push down on the top tab, allowing it to lock into place."

I tried it, but it's still occurring. I'll email them in the AM.

Meltdownblitz

Bronze
Aug 23, 2009
So I emailed OtterBox this evening, and this is what they said, "This means the case is not snapped together all of the way. To fix, hold the case together at the top, and push down on the top tab, allowing it to lock into place."

I tried it, but it's still occurring. I'll email them in the AM.

Did they respond fast to your email? I emailed them this evening about an hr ago about my commuter, do they have good customer service?

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Did they respond fast to your email? I emailed them this evening about an hr ago about my commuter, do they have good customer service?
Much quicker than I expected. I also bought it from them and had previously inquired about when mine was shipping, so I had a POC (Point of Contact).